Author Topic: Trying to stay busy while I wait...  (Read 1036 times)

Offline Mtb1083

Trying to stay busy while I wait...
« on: January 07, 2020, 08:24:19 PM »
CGW got my blued 97B slide on the 9th of December for the bushing mod and to crown the barrel. Was told 3-4 weeks on average for slide work and would be contacted when my slide gets to a gunsmith. Been 4 weeks and haven't heard from them yet which I'm not surprised with the holidays and all. Have refrained from emailing about it but man the suspense is killing me lol

While waiting I've installed a crap ton of their parts into the rest of my CZs. Metal trigger for my P10C, made a great trigger into easily the best striker fired trigger I've ever felt hands down.

Short reset kit for my p07 along with a couple other parts and some polishing. Much better trigger overall but double action still a bit gritty. Will need to go back in and polish some more which I figured I would have to as I didn't go that crazy with polishing.

Installed race hammer, trigger sear etc into frame of blued 97B. That was nerve racking in a couple areas but wow a very nice improvement, just need the slide now.

Extended firing pin in my 75b and p07. Have one for the 97B I'll put on when I get it back.

Don't know how some of you guys get through the wait for complete gun work. 3 month or longer? Man I can't imagine waiting that long. Oh wait yeah I can it took 3 months of waiting for my permit...felt like a year lol

Offline Tanners Owner

Re: Trying to stay busy while I wait...
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2020, 08:47:44 PM »
I just got the call and my SP01 is on it’s way home. Will say the anticipation was killing me, but from my last 2 experiences, will say it’s well worth the wait.

Be patient, you’ll be happy you went with CGW
Like a midget at a urinal, I'll have to keep on my toes

Offline Mtb1083

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2020, 08:58:12 PM »
Oh I know I will be happy. Love everything about them. Will just need to do some more work on the p07. Picked up a p938 and waiting on picking that up but already have a metal trigger for that ordered up. So depending how long it ends up being I'll keep myself occupied as much as possible lol

Offline 2morechains

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2020, 10:01:09 PM »
Sending a gun off for custom work is a good excuse to re-acquaint yourself with one of your other guns.  Which is a good idea bc when your customized gun comes back you’ll only have “eyes” for it. 

Share the love. 

Offline Mtb1083

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2020, 01:34:46 AM »
Very true

Offline Vegas CZ

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2020, 12:41:45 PM »
Also waiting for the call on my SP-01.  Busy with several trips and the holidays have made to delay bearable. P-01 and Rami keep me entertain an the range.

Now if the phone would ring, I would be in heaven.

anything