Author Topic: A01 LD  (Read 902 times)

Offline dbarn

A01 LD
« on: January 10, 2020, 08:43:05 AM »
Our local shop has one of these in stock and I got to fondle it the other day. The ergonomics are outstanding and the fit/finish are amazing. The heavy weight is balanced and would appear to be a plus for competition.

Hoping this pistol has been out long enough for some owners to chime in and give some honest opinions. This gun appears to be a production piece vs a custom shop version. Meaning little polishing and tuning, though that may have been accomplished through the manufacturing process? So I'm curious to know how the pistol shoots out of the box. How good are the sights regulated? Did you have to add a different sight or heavily adjust to shoot POA? I've also noticed that the trigger has no over-travel adjustment. What is the accuracy potential at 50 yards?

Finally, what are the negatives to this pistol and what changes would you or have you made if any? I'm considering a purchase, so need some honest reviews.

Offline dbarn

Re: A01 LD
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2020, 01:02:48 PM »
Guessing not many out there?

Offline aone

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2020, 04:35:45 PM »
I have owned an A01-LD since september.  I am really enjoying it, and have put 1500-2000 rounds down range.  Imo the sa trigger is every bit as good as the TSO. The double action trigger is butter smooth. It handles amazingly well. It really does feel like cheating it shoots so flat.

I do have a few nitpicks though. The blueing on mine is wearing, what I would consider, excessively. Dissapointing for such an expensive pisol. At some point I will need to send it out to be refinished.

I've lost 3 front sight fiber rods. Looking closely at the front sight, it's become quite loose in the dovetail, I'm guessing that this is causing the issue. I'll probably pick up a new sight and see if it fits a bit better.

All in all, it's a fantastic pistol. Most of my other CZs are now sitting at home when I head to the range.

Offline dbarn

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2020, 07:45:41 PM »
I have owned an A01-LD since september.  I am really enjoying it, and have put 1500-2000 rounds down range.  Imo the sa trigger is every bit as good as the TSO. The double action trigger is butter smooth. It handles amazingly well. It really does feel like cheating it shoots so flat.

I do have a few nitpicks though. The blueing on mine is wearing, what I would consider, excessively. Dissapointing for such an expensive pisol. At some point I will need to send it out to be refinished.

I've lost 3 front sight fiber rods. Looking closely at the front sight, it's become quite loose in the dovetail, I'm guessing that this is causing the issue. I'll probably pick up a new sight and see if it fits a bit better.

All in all, it's a fantastic pistol. Most of my other CZs are now sitting at home when I head to the range.

Thanks for your response. I'm seriously considering one.

Online Philipl

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2020, 05:51:03 AM »
I have owned one for a few months and put about 400 rounds through it. It is the most amazing pistol I own. Shoots better than a shadow 2, Sig P210 and Sig 226 X6.

Offline JWade805

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2020, 09:11:40 PM »
Is it against the rules if I say, I have "fired" x number of bullets, or maybe even "gone through" x number of rounds", and not use the term "down range". 

I mean when your shooting a pistol, the usual practice distance is what, 4 to 10 yards? Does "down range" even apply to pistols? Is there a minimum distance that qualifies as "down range"?

And what if you are shooting birds?  Is shooting "up", still shooting "down" range?

Offline aone

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2020, 11:31:59 PM »
Is it against the rules if I say, I have "fired" x number of bullets, or maybe even "gone through" x number of rounds", and not use the term "down range". 

I mean when your shooting a pistol, the usual practice distance is what, 4 to 10 yards? Does "down range" even apply to pistols? Is there a minimum distance that qualifies as "down range"?

And what if you are shooting birds?  Is shooting "up", still shooting "down" range?

Having a bad day sunshine?  Feel like talking about it?

Offline punisher12b

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2020, 08:54:11 PM »
Would love to chime in and say Love mine but i stopped my range day today after my p07 exploded...  :(
going to order some new 9mm  toss that lot and get out to the range next weekend with it will report back