Author Topic: Pro Package  (Read 3467 times)

Offline Blizzard267

Pro Package
« on: January 26, 2020, 09:41:20 PM »
What is it about the Pro Package that is not IDPA legal on a 75 SPo1 Tactical?
I am starting to do a little competitive shooting at my local range, nothing official.
May at some point shoot something more serious not sure. What do you give up between the IDPA kit and the Pro Package?
I really want the trigger improvements and the differences gained from spring changes I have read about.
Suggestions?

Offline SoCal

Re: Pro Package
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2020, 05:09:23 PM »
They have a kit that is IDPA legal, PN 75105 IDPA or 75115 IDPA.  Kits like the 75110 use a Cajun hammer and trigger, legal is USPSA.
If I had known how much better being retired is than working I would have done it FIRST.

Offline ktk120

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2020, 07:17:57 PM »
Learn something everyday

Offline boss281

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2020, 04:38:19 PM »
Sorry for a slight thread hijack.

I've never considered shooting IDPA or USPSA pistol due to my failing eyesight and need to use distance prescriptions, but I've finally got my SP-01 slide milled for a red dot and started training a few weeks back.  While I've shot PCC in IDPA, USPSA and SC, I'd want to use the Tactical in the shooting sports. But, I put in the CGW Defensive Carry Package for the Tactical (part # 75200).  I think the Defensive Carry Package is CO legal across the board, correct?
Scorpion Evo S1 Carbine and Pistol, 75BD, SP-01 Tactical CGW Pro Kit, P-01 CGW Defensive Carry Kit, P-07, P-09

Offline Tanners Owner

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2020, 11:09:05 PM »
It is for IDPA. Go shoot, have a fun time and report back
Like a midget at a urinal, I'll have to keep on my toes

Offline SoCal

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2020, 09:30:20 AM »
Pro package is good in USPSA but not sure about IDPA as the hammer is a non CZ part.  Check with Cajun.
If I had known how much better being retired is than working I would have done it FIRST.

Offline Atomic Punk

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2020, 04:59:49 PM »
Pro package is No Go for SSP but fine for CO and ESP...assuming it fits in the box.

Defensive Carry is fine in SSP, CO and ESP.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 05:10:39 PM by Atomic Punk »

Offline spt_1955

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2020, 08:39:49 PM »
I use the Pro Package in IDPA SSP and it was made clear to me that I had to ask for the IDPA legal Hammer if I wanted it to be IDPA legal.

Offline Tanners Owner

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2020, 11:13:17 PM »
I use the Pro Package in IDPA SSP and it was made clear to me that I had to ask for the IDPA legal Hammer if I wanted it to be IDPA legal.

Correct
Like a midget at a urinal, I'll have to keep on my toes

Offline Atomic Punk

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2020, 02:32:32 PM »

OK, I guess its not enforced but I don't see how the Reach Reduction Kit (which is the difference between the Pro and Defensive Carry packages) is not "an externally visible modification."

CGW's website says the Pro Package is USPSA Production legal but they sell a separate IDPA legal kit that uses a different "Combat" trigger. Maybe that is pre-2017 rules???

I am confused now.   

Offline SoCal

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2020, 09:08:21 PM »
As I understand it the 85C "combat" trigger made by CZ is legal in IDPA SSP div. but the 85C made by Cajun Gun Works is not.

Offline Atomic Punk

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2020, 05:09:19 PM »
Old thread, I know, but I wanted to update with the latest from CGW.

I ordered SP-01 Tactical a few weeks ago and told them I wanted it IDPA legal. I got the call from Thomas today that it was on his bench. To be IDPA SSP legal, it has to use factory parts so he used Factory Competition  Hammer and the 85C trigger. He said there isn't a huge difference between the 2 hammers but to be IDPA SSP legal, I miss out on the Reach Reduction Kit. The RRK is fine in ESP and CO divisions.

When he called back to say it was done, he measured a 7lb DA and 3lb 4 oz. SA, which will, of course break in some. These numbers are better than my new Pro Package PCR built in late 2018. I know there is more to a trigger than pull weight but Thomas was really happy with it and I have long fingers so a couple of millimeters won't affect me in the least. Can't wait to get it in my paws.

Offline boss281

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2020, 05:31:45 PM »
Hey, gotta love the Tactical...

Sent using Tapatalk

Scorpion Evo S1 Carbine and Pistol, 75BD, SP-01 Tactical CGW Pro Kit, P-01 CGW Defensive Carry Kit, P-07, P-09