Author Topic: CZ 457 "Stock Sweetening" Finished Photos  (Read 2482 times)

Offline Old-Duckman

CZ 457 "Stock Sweetening" Finished Photos
« on: January 26, 2020, 08:49:23 PM »
The stock is finished and I put the final coat of finish on it this morning.
I am pretty happy with the finished product. There are always things you would do differently... nothing is ever perfect even though we try. Overall I am very pleased...hope you like the finished product !
I am still editing and uploading the videos I took during the process and will post links on occasion for anyone who might want to view the process.

Offline Continental Op

Re: CZ 457 "Stock Sweetening" Finished Photos
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 09:33:43 PM »
That looks great!  Excellent work!

Offline Mercs

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 10:12:04 PM »
I agree that is excellent work, and I’ve been following along and enjoying the video series as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline david s

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2020, 04:14:08 PM »
Nicely done it looks like an older British stalking rife. Now your ready for a backyard safari.

Offline Old-Duckman

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2020, 07:42:39 PM »
Thanks all for the kind words ! It was an enjoyable job though getting the finish to a place where I wanted it took longer than I expected.

Mercs, I'm glad that you are enjoying the videos. I want to release one each Saturday until it's all edited and done...probably 4 or 5 more videos. It surely has been the hardest part of the job. I had zero experience in filming my work and editing a video.

My next planned video project will be recutting checkering, squaring up a cut off (hacked) butt stock & fitting a pad then finishing the stock on a 1948 Mod. 37 Ithaca. On the 457 I did not film fitting the pad (tons on vids on YouTube doing a pad) nor applying finish. I plan on doing so for the Ithaca. Later I do want to do some jewelry making videos. When I taught jewelry making my first project was usually a bent/forged sterling silver ring. I think that would be a nice vid.

"Backyard Safari"... I would love to but, sadly, no discharging of firearms in the township I live in.

Thanks again guys, I appreciate the kind words for sure.

Offline bamajoey

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2020, 05:51:09 AM »
What did you use for a finish?

Offline Old-Duckman

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2020, 07:23:54 AM »
What did you use for a finish?
Tru-Oil.

anything