Author Topic: New SP-01  (Read 2061 times)

Offline Czes13

New SP-01
« on: January 20, 2020, 12:41:47 PM »
Hi everyone.

I have recently purchased new SP-01 and  the Hit Pattern Data Chart was not in the box.

The gun also shoots below target. It could be 4" to 6"  from the distance of 25 feet.

I have used my caliper to measure sight high:

front - 0.165"
rear - 0.228"

Is this normal that both sights have different high?

I have purchased Dawson Precision sights with FO front and adjustable rear. Does anyone use them?
Couldn't find any reviews on these adjustable sights. Thanks for your feedback.

Offline Oldbear

Re: New SP-01
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 01:38:55 PM »
I don’t believe the new ones (2019+) include the “test target”.   Can’t help on the sights.

Offline Czes13

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2020, 05:24:33 PM »
Thank you Oldbear.

Yes this gun was manufactured in 2019.

Offline anonymouscuban

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2020, 05:59:49 PM »
Yes. Sight height is different between front and back.

I run Dawson front FO sight as do the majority of guys that use CZs in competition. Great front sight. There is very little info on the adjustable rear from Dawson. I've searched and have come up with a fee posts. All positive though.

About your SP-01 shooting low out of the box... is it possible it's you and not the gun? Did you have someone else shoot it and confirm same POI?

I would look to confirm this before blaming the gun. Especially @ 4-5" low.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Offline Czes13

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2020, 09:49:46 PM »
Anonymouscuban, thank you for reply.

I was shooting with my son and his POIs were also lower. I have should ask someone at the range to shut the gun and see how he or she would perform. I think I will do that before swapping sights and also I will shoot with gun support to increase accuracy.
I agree that it is unusual for CZ to be this much off.

Offline LeeM

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2020, 10:31:13 AM »
I'm new to CZs and just bought an SP-01. My Sig's sights are supposed to cover the target, that is the front dot is the point of aim. Do the CZs cover the target or do you tee it up?

Offline Rmach

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2020, 10:50:59 AM »
I'm new to CZs and just bought an SP-01. My Sig's sights are supposed to cover the target, that is the front dot is the point of aim. Do the CZs cover the target or do you tee it up?

Cover the target.

Offline BarkingAnt

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2020, 12:03:23 PM »
I recently received an SP-01 from Cajun Gun Works that I had them replace front and back sights with fiber optic front sight 050-431 (their part no.) and Dawson adjustable rear 017-018. This is their recommendation for part pairing. Also had them install CGW barrel bushing.

Mine seems to shoot about 1.5 inches low at 7 yds/21 feet. Haven't adjusted point of aim yet but I'm ok with that for now. I want to get more rounds through pistol and at different ranges before adjusting. BTW, I like this sight arrangement slightly better than stock Shadow 2 sights which I liked to begin with.

I put the target point right above the sight post. Never done it differently and I'm not sure it matters with my eyesight.

And, whenever I shoot low, it's me not the pistol. I say this because all of my pistols occasionally shoot low.  :P
I DO look like my avatar!

Offline Stafford

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2020, 08:18:08 AM »
Out of the box, my SP-01 shot low left, but not bad. That is typical for me with other pistols. Added a 13# hammer spring and I improved a bit. Ditched the factory sights for the Dawson adjustable sights from CGW that BarkingAnt noted in the previous post. Now, I’m on target but just a bit low at 5-15 yards. Will shoot again before I adjust.

Offline Phlyers13

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2020, 10:38:11 AM »

Cover the target.

This. Try using the combat hold where your front post covers the bullseye.

Offline DMY

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2020, 12:17:21 PM »
I bought my first CZ a month ago, which is also a 75, SP-01. The label on the end of the box was in one piece, so I know the case had not been previously opened. The paper work included the shot pattern. Mine also shot 4" low and ocassionally 1" left at 30' - 40' with 4 types of factory 115 gn FMJ off a rest. Four other shooters, who are are not rookies, had the similar results. Tried one type of 124 gn FMJ, but not the same brand as the test ammo. It also shot 3" low.  I reloaded some124 and 135 gn coated RN, and 147 gn coated FP and the POI was plus or minus 1" of the POA in elevation and windage was good. My suspicion is that the faster 115 gn bullet and my lack of familiarity taking up the long slack in single action probably contributed to shooting low.

Offline LeeM

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2020, 08:37:47 AM »
This. Try using the combat hold where your front post covers the bullseye.
Thats what I'm thinking. Since my front dot is old and not illuminating at night, I'm going to replace with the Dawson Fiber Optic sight anyway. I like the speed of putting the front dot on the target and running it.