Author Topic: Fitting a Shadow 2 Kadet kit  (Read 4463 times)

Offline Oldbear

Fitting a Shadow 2 Kadet kit
« on: January 21, 2020, 12:09:19 PM »
My new Shadow 2 Kadet fits on the frame, BUTit is so tight that when the slide is pulled rearward (cocking the hammer) the slide does NOTreturn forward.  You can manually “push” and make it go back, but the pistol isn’t operable as is.   Does anyone have instructions/guidance for fitting the .22 kit, and is this normal for ‘19 production pistol and kit?  Thanks!

Offline GBUS

Re: Fitting a Shadow 2 Kadet kit
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 02:30:41 PM »
Work it by hand a bit and then strip it and check that it’s assembled correctly nothing out of place then look for the spots it’s rubbing to determine where it’s tights and go from there.

Offline Oldbear

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2020, 05:28:41 PM »
That’s what I wound up doing.  Hit the shine spots lightly with a dremel, smoked the shine metal and reassembled, cycles a few times, disassemble, and repeat.   Took me abou 20 minutes but now all is good👍

Offline sax422

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 05:03:10 PM »
Oldbear are you seeing any feeding issues or getting into battery issues?  My kit was also difficult to rack but im not reliable yet.   tiny polish and throat helped a bunch but i think i need a bit more. 

Offline Oldbear

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2020, 09:39:48 PM »
So far so good.  I think I need to clean it up just a bit.  I’ve put two mags through it and had a couple failures to fully go into battery.   Seems to be accurate too😊

Offline Oldbear

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2020, 04:51:17 PM »
Got out again today and I’m still having failure to go fully into battery30-40% of the time.   Pistol is VERY accurate just isn’t always going fully into battery.   What say you?   More polishing, try different spring or?   I’ve been trying Federal Champion ammo.    I’ve polished rail areas showing contact (shiny) but it appears that very small area is still getting the “shiny” look.   I don’t want to remove more than needed.   Love they way it shoots but gotta get the reliability up.   Thanks for advice/ suggestions!

Offline eastman

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2020, 07:00:41 PM »
If you have a bottle of Dykem Blue (layout fluid), you can use that to see exactly where it is still making contact
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline Oldbear

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2020, 12:58:27 PM »
Been doing it with smoke, blacking the shiny spots, fitting, cycling, polish, and repeat.   Guess this is still a work in progress😏

Offline sax422

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2020, 12:39:07 PM »
Been struggling with getting my shadow2 kit working correctly since Jan.    im up to a best of about 1 fail to fire in 30 rounds.  Tried nearly everything ive seen online (thanks all) for this.  This is after working to get the slide to fit/move.  Given the experiences of others it sounds like i may have gotten a oddball.  Returning back to CZ for work.  They've been responsive and helpful though there does seem to be some confusion with these kits.  Before a small amount of filing to allow .001 to .002 extra protrusion I called and got a new firing pin.  verified it was for the 01613 kit and the tech was sure we had the right FP .  got the pin with correct part number but its not the FP for the shadow 2 kit.  really odd.  confusion with the magazine part numbers as well when i got them.  Will report back on what they wind up doing.   love the kit for plinking but tried it in 4 competitions now and not yet been able to have a clean one without malfunctions.  oddly i still like it.  at the range the other day i was nailing the steel (reduced IPSC) at 50 yards at reasonable speed (about 0.5sec splits) and it was easy. 

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2020, 04:17:43 PM »
With all the "NEW" KADET Kits out now, seems that Folks are getting them confused
There's a huge difference between them
The Shadow 2 KADET Kit is in no way like the original "KADET" and "KADET 2" Kit(s) .... OR Kits designed specifically for the SP-01 or any of the "P" Series Pistols .... and most issues found with one, don't (necessarily) translate to the others
And .... their Magazines .... are in NO WAY compatible
AND .... as of this post .... CZ does not offer a KADET Kit for either the P-10 or the CZ97
The CZ75 KADET / KADET 2 Kit "will work" on SOME RAMIs (not all), and that's a bit on the wonky side at best
So tell me again how Trump was worse then the 8 years before .... AND what's coming after HIM !

Offline sax422

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2020, 06:33:12 PM »
Well got my S2 Kadet back from CZ the second time and im on my own.  they pretty much did nothing.  First time just cleaned it (a bit insulting as I left it as shot at a test session) and the second time they worked on the lead in.  I cant tell any difference from what i did.  I actually dont think they did anything.  I think if you get a good one its a joy to shoot.  I got a very bad one.  Will not shoot more than 30 without malfunction.  silly thing it that lots of folks at matches have been "helping " me with ideas.  some good ones but pretty much everyone who was thinking about one walked away deciding to skip it.  Im bummed.  when it works its great until it fails.  never been able to even complete a speed steel stage.

Offline edrabara

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2020, 12:07:19 AM »
Two reports of problems with the CZ Shadow 2 Kadet conversion kit. I am assuming that they are mounted on Shadow 2 frames.

One of the incident is failure to return to battery. I ran into this problem. I think one of the causes, in my situation, is that I mounted my Shadow 2 Kadet on a CZ 75 SP-01 frame. I should have bought the SP-01 specific Kadet model.

I’ve been trying different solutions to address my problems.
1. I use only CCI Mini-Mags
2. I use the Red recoil spring ( the strongest of the 3 springs supplied with kit).
3. Decided to convert my SP-01 Manual Safety to SA-only trigger and removed the Firing Pin Block lifter.

Latest range session: no more failure to return to battery. New problem: trigger failed to reset due to trigger pre-travel mis-adjusted.

Waiting for next range session if my mods made my setup reliable. I’ll be satisfied if no failure with a box of 100 Mini-mags.

BTW, I had to take off material from the slide to fit it into my SP-01 frame.

Just sharing my experience with the Shadow 2 Kadet kit.

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2020, 04:29:14 PM »
Let us know how your next Range Session turns out Ed
With all the different "Kits" out now .... and the different "what fits what" combinations;
There's no telling what any one issue / cause you'll encounter
Finger crossed my Friend
So tell me again how Trump was worse then the 8 years before .... AND what's coming after HIM !

Offline edrabara

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2021, 01:15:27 AM »
Let us know how your next Range Session turns out Ed
With all the different "Kits" out now .... and the different "what fits what" combinations;
There's no telling what any one issue / cause you'll encounter
Finger crossed my Friend
It’s been 3 months since i reported my experience with my SP-01 frame/Shadow 2 Kadet top-end. Here’s an update.

The Kadet top-end remains the same as originally reported. However, the frame has been converted to Single-Action (manual safety) only using CGW parts. The Firing Pin Lifter was eliminated. The Shadow 2 Kadet has no Firing Pin Block. The whole set up runs very well. I now use only High Velocity .22LR and liking the results.

Ed R.

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2021, 02:22:55 AM »
Hey Ed, glad to hear you seem to have it worked-out
Now go out and enjoy your KADET

I'm embarrassed to say why I even sold my 100% reliable (Gen 1) KADET, but my new KADET 2 (2.0) had a lot of issues its first time out
Never thought I would see (just about) every possible issue in one Kit    :-[
Well, I've worked on the Slide Frame and Bolt quite a bit, but haven't had a chance to see, what, if any of the work, eliminated even one issue
Hope what's been done fixed them all, or at least most