Author Topic: out of box trigger for CZ Scorpian EVO 3 S1  (Read 1911 times)

Offline Metal Wonder Nine Guy

out of box trigger for CZ Scorpian EVO 3 S1
« on: January 21, 2020, 06:09:40 PM »
Got to try an EVO 3 S1 a while back, and last night I dry fired a range rental S1. The EVO 3 I tried from a friend reminded me of a mil spec AR15 trigger. The one I tried last night had a plastic feeling to it with a spongy takeup. Is that the same for most people who buy this rifle?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 10:05:49 AM by Metal Wonder Nine Guy »

Offline MadDuner

Re: CZ Scorpian EVO 3 S1 out of box trigger
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 06:51:21 PM »
I didn’t like the trigger at all when I got mine.
So I spent all the money on the new trigger upgrade from CZ Custom - and it made me much happier with it. 

Offline TjB101

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 06:57:27 PM »
A stock AR15 trigger comparison is dead on. 

Offline timetofly

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2020, 07:54:12 PM »
I didn’t like the trigger at all when I got mine.
So I spent all the money on the new trigger upgrade from CZ Custom - and it made me much happier with it.

Same experience for me also. 
All of life’s journeys begin by putting one foot in front of the other.

Offline Cohenj87

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2020, 08:09:44 PM »
Got to try an EVO 3 S1 a while back, and last night I dry fired a range rental S1. The EVO 3 I tried from a friend reminded me of a mil spec AR15 trigger. The one I tried last night a plastic feeling to it with a spongy takeup. Is that the same for most people who buy this rifle?

Nothing as far as controls on this gun is likable, the trigger is garbage, mag release to small, charging handle to small, safety hard to manipulate and digs into your finger and the grip is junk too. I replaced all said parts and my scorpion and it's a much better gun.

Offline MadDuner

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2020, 08:35:47 PM »
I have no issues with mag release or charging handle. 
I am still surprised that safety and grip were the choice they made for this weapon.
I cut off the safety “lever” that got in the way on the right side (righty).
I replaced the grip.
As I already said, CZ Custom trigger fixed it for me.

Offline Cohenj87

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2020, 10:39:59 PM »
I have no issues with mag release or charging handle. 
I am still surprised that safety and grip were the choice they made for this weapon.
I cut off the safety “lever” that got in the way on the right side (righty).
I replaced the grip.
As I already said, CZ Custom trigger fixed it for me.
I used the HBI spring kit for my trigger.

Offline Destructo6

Re: out of box trigger for CZ Scorpian EVO 3 S1
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2020, 05:32:50 PM »
The HBI trigger spring kit coupled with a shim fore/aft in the trigger pack make it pretty good. Add that it cost less than $20 and Bob's your uncle.

The charging handle and selector don't bother me. I may be odd in that respect.

Offline Amegatek

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2020, 11:53:23 AM »
I also installed the HBI spring kit. Also HBI flat faced trigger shoe, extended mag release and charging handle.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

CZ Scorpion Evo 3 S1 Carbine
Windham Weaponry MPC
Sig P320 X-Carry
Sig P365 XL
Glock 30 Gen 4
Glock 21 Gen 4

Offline MarkS20

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2020, 03:06:58 AM »
I put a M-CARBO trigger spring kit in. Dropped pull from maxing out my Wheeler spring trigger gauge to 4.5 lbs. Also did a HBI charging handle and right side AK style safety.  All were worth the effort but the trigger Springs was the most beneficial.

-- Mark

Offline MadDuner

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2020, 08:00:37 AM »
I bought and installed the HBI springs first, but it still didn’t get me what I wanted.

Offline shootingsight

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2020, 01:17:05 PM »
Lots of dis-satisfaction out there with the factory trigger, and there are several upgrades:

1.  80 for the 20 solution that a lot of people like is the HBI spring kit.  I forget the price, but it is lov, and addresses the pull weight of the trigger, which is the biggest complaint.
2.  Trigger tuning, by CZ Custom, or Shooter's Element will clean up the trigger, though it is still a 1-stage.
3.  My trigger, ShootingSight, replaces the trigger with a whole new designed system that is 2 stage.  I suspect that the smoothness or pull weight is comparable to option #2, as all will polish, but at the end of the day, 1-stage versus 2-stage is a personal preference, and if you want 2-stage, this is the only way to go.

Art

Offline boss281

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2020, 05:12:17 PM »
Lots of dis-satisfaction out there with the factory trigger, and there are several upgrades:

1.  80 for the 20 solution that a lot of people like is the HBI spring kit.  I forget the price, but it is lov, and addresses the pull weight of the trigger, which is the biggest complaint.
2.  Trigger tuning, by CZ Custom, or Shooter's Element will clean up the trigger, though it is still a 1-stage.
3.  My trigger, ShootingSight, replaces the trigger with a whole new designed system that is 2 stage.  I suspect that the smoothness or pull weight is comparable to option #2, as all will polish, but at the end of the day, 1-stage versus 2-stage is a personal preference, and if you want 2-stage, this is the only way to go.

Art

Good to know. I've been looking for a two stage option as I've not had much luck finding a good 2-stage for my Colt AR 9mm carbine. My first shot in competition is always my outlier...
Scorpion Evo S1 Carbine and Pistol, 75BD, SP-01 Tactical CGW Pro Kit, P-01 CGW Defensive Carry Kit, P-07, P-09

Offline Inspector 12

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2020, 08:14:20 AM »
CZ Scorpion triggers seem to run hot and cold. The trigger in my carbine really sucked from day one. Sent it to CZ Custom shop and had them install and tune their replacement trigger. Very happy with the results for for about $400 and an eight week wait there was no reason not to expect an outstanding result.

Fast forward, my recently purchased pistol, used but only about one box of shell fired through it has a much better trigger out of the box. Not sure why one is better than the other ? I bought but not yet installed the HBI spring kit and the Delta trigger (still uses the factory sear but changes the geometry slightly by moving the finger forward). Going to put some more rounds down range before I change anything.

anything