Author Topic: TSO availabily and comparison to DWX (9mm)  (Read 1581 times)

Offline jbranne3

TSO availabily and comparison to DWX (9mm)
« on: February 16, 2020, 02:33:39 PM »
Hello all! I'm new to this forum so please forgive me for any missteps but I'm pretty sure I'm under the right topic page. I'm relatively new to CZ pistols as I purchased my first one in November 2018 (an SP-01 shadow target 2). I've decided to add another competition gun to my collection but can really decide, I really like what I see out of the DWX but its very much a wild card as they haven't been released yet. I've heard nothing but good things about the TSO but their availability seems pretty spotty. So here are my questions.

-What will the DWX do that the TSO can't?

-Is the TSO always this hard to find or does CZ do production runs every so often?

-I know the TSO utilizes 20 round mags but will Mec Gar mags for my SP-01 be compatible? (I've got several of the 21 round mags and it would be nice to use them in the TSO if I go that direction)

any input is greatly appreciated!

Offline nonamehavei

Re: TSO availabily and comparison to DWX (9mm)
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2020, 04:05:18 PM »
Hello all! I'm new to this forum so please forgive me for any missteps but I'm pretty sure I'm under the right topic page. I'm relatively new to CZ pistols as I purchased my first one in November 2018 (an SP-01 shadow target 2). I've decided to add another competition gun to my collection but can really decide, I really like what I see out of the DWX but its very much a wild card as they haven't been released yet. I've heard nothing but good things about the TSO but their availability seems pretty spotty. So here are my questions.

-What will the DWX do that the TSO can't?

-Is the TSO always this hard to find or does CZ do production runs every so often?

-I know the TSO utilizes 20 round mags but will Mec Gar mags for my SP-01 be compatible? (I've got several of the 21 round mags and it would be nice to use them in the TSO if I go that direction)

any input is greatly appreciated!
- the DWX looks to be geared towards the same kind of gun games the TSO is and in USPSA they both fall in to the same division so not much difference there. There is a cost savings in mags though as well as comparability with the -07/-09/10 series pistols.
 - imho they are always more rare than the production models like the sp01 and if you want one and see one you should probably snap it up.
 - the TSO uses proprietary mags that it shares with the regular Tac-sport and the CZECHMATE series pistols, your mec-gar mags are not the correct thickness as the grip on a TSO is thicker than a standard CZ model.
I personally am shooting a TSO in USPSA and loving it, but I also have a pre-order in for a DWX when it comes out, so I’m obviously in the get one of each camp.
Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.
    Douglas Adams

Offline jbranne3

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2020, 04:14:27 PM »
Thanks so much for the input. It looks like I'm going to be spending money on extra mags which ever direction I go. I think I'm going to take the same approach and eventually buy both. It doesn't seem like it would be hard to sell one later if I just hands down prefer one over the other.

Offline aandabooks

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2020, 06:17:08 PM »
Everything above is correct about the 2 pistols.  The biggest difference between the TSO and the DWX is going to be the trigger system.  Each will take their own mags.  The TSO is heavier in factory configuration with a longer sight radius.  The TSO is available on places like Gunbroker and they do seem to go in cycles of wide availability at other locations.

The DWX looks very promising and especially for the people who feel like STI pulling out of the Limited market with the Edge doesn't leave a viable option in the $2k range.  If you are looking for a Limited gun and don't want to go with the more expensive TS mags then the CZCustom A01 .40 might be an option but those are going to be near $3k.  It is a completely custom pistol though vs. a production line gun like the DWX or TSO.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2020, 09:09:08 PM »
I have a feeling that after the DWX hits the market there will be some used TSO's available.  O0