Author Topic: Trigger slap  (Read 408 times)

Offline scattershot

Trigger slap
« on: January 25, 2020, 04:57:39 PM »
Hi, all. Been away for a while, back now with a question. I have had three CZ 75 pistols, and currently own a Canik C100. All have exhibited trigger slap to the point that they are painful to shoot after a couple of mags. What causes this, amd can it be fixed?

Thanks.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

Re: Trigger slap
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2020, 07:01:29 PM »
CZ75 covers many variants.Which versions? I can't help on the canik but the trigger slap on my 75 variants was caused by the newer style recurve trigger. I went with the old style CZ thick trigger and that cured the issue completely. Many people also use the original CZ85 trigger and that works as well.

Offline scattershot

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2020, 07:50:14 PM »
Thanks. The CZs were two 75b and one was the .40 cal equivalent, can’t remember the model number offhand. Appreciate the info, at least it’s a place to start.

Offline BucketShop

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2020, 08:17:59 PM »
CGW recommended a straight trigger.  I sent my gun to them and the replaced the trigger with exactly the same trigger.  I did not return it because I was sure, it must be a different trigger, they couldn't possibly have done that, but I think they did and it still slaps.

Offline scattershot

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2020, 11:23:33 AM »
I used a double layer of shrink tubing on mine, and it seeMs to have fixed the problem. Don’t know if the shrink tubing is just masking the problem or not, but the pistol isn’t painful to shoot any more. BTW, if you decide to try it, 3/8” tubing is what you need.

Offline UrsaNovis

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2020, 01:45:54 PM »
I have this issue with any of the recurve style triggers.  The problem is that the tip of the trigger is a bit too long and digs into my finger on recoil.  This is tolerable for a few rounds, but it gets to be distractingly painful after the second mag.  I found that an easy fix is to swap out the trigger with a 85 style, or an "old style" from CGW.  My Omega trigger does not have this issue, nor does the trigger on my CZ 97b. 
SP01 CZC Accu Shadow
CZ 97B
P-01 Omega
CZ 75D Compact PCR
Scorpion Evo 3 S2
VZ 58

Offline scattershot

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2020, 09:14:08 PM »
Thanks. I may go there soon, seems to be a good fix.