Author Topic: Are the CZC Aluminum Grips worth the price?  (Read 1817 times)

Offline Irontoro

Are the CZC Aluminum Grips worth the price?
« on: January 25, 2020, 07:00:49 PM »
I am interested in buying the CZ Custom Aluminum Grips for a CZ 75 SP01. I did some research on the internet, but didn’t find any feedback. Are they worth the price?

Offline MoRivera

Re: Are the CZC Aluminum Grips worth the price?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 01:44:44 PM »
Like a lot of things....it depends.  If they are the last set of grips you buy for that pistol and love them, then they are worth it.  If it's just one of many in a string while trying to find a set of grips you like...then they are pretty pricey but you may be able to recoup some by selling  at a place like here if you don't like.

I would first see if you're going to like the thinner straight profile.  There are some less costly G10 grips with pretty much the same profile that you can get to try out the shape/width, and then just keep them around as a spare set if you like it and go with the aluminums.

https://www.amazon.com/Cool-Hand-Shadow-included-SP1-PN-6/dp/B01HCS1VCI/ref=sr_1_23?crid=1XCPH9AQ1H4VH&dchild=1&keywords=cool+hand+cz75+grips&qid=1580064153&sprefix=cool+hand+cz75%2Caps%2C129&sr=8-23

There may be differences in checkering and texture, but again the most immediate thing is the size/width of the grip.

Offline Grendel

• Administrator
  • 'Live Long, and Prosper'
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 01:48:32 PM »
You are asking the company (in their sub-forum no less), that make the grips, whether their grips are worth what they're charging for them?

That's funny, I don't care who you are.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - Tacitus

Inter arma enim silent leges - Cicero

I wasn't born in America, but I got here as fast as I could.

Offline Irontoro

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2020, 03:08:11 PM »
You are asking the company (in their sub-forum no less), that make the grips, whether their grips are worth what they're charging for them?

I don’t see a problem with that. I am asking the customers/users, not CZ custom directly.

Offline Grendel

• Administrator
  • 'Live Long, and Prosper'
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2020, 04:54:18 PM »

I don’t see a problem with that. I am asking the customers/users, not CZ custom directly.

That's what this subforum is for: asking the people at CZ Custom questions. The moderators of the subforum are the owners/operators of CZ custom.

I think it's pretty funny, in effect asking them if their products are any good, but if you don't, then ..oh well.

You would probably have got more feedback in the SP-01 forum, still...carry on.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - Tacitus

Inter arma enim silent leges - Cicero

I wasn't born in America, but I got here as fast as I could.

Offline AZ_CZ

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2020, 05:21:31 PM »
I have handled a few and can say that like every CZC product I have looked at they are really well made and have a great fit and finish. I don’t own any because I find a thicker grip works better for me and when it’s 110* in the shade here in AZ metal grips get kinda warm. If you are looking for a really thin grip then look no further. Is it worth it? That’s a buyer decision. I spent over a $100 on Nils wood target grips for my 97 and thought I was well worth it.
CZ Fanbot since 1996

Offline Stuart

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2020, 05:58:52 PM »
I have used the grips for years, have recently changed all to the CZC mikropocket grips.
They are thin, have ample grit.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 09:23:37 PM by Stuart »

Offline Irontoro

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2020, 08:44:31 PM »
Like a lot of things....it depends.  If they are the last set of grips you buy for that pistol and love them, then they are worth it.  If it's just one of many in a string while trying to find a set of grips you like...then they are pretty pricey but you may be able to recoup some by selling  at a place like here if you don't like.

I would first see if you're going to like the thinner straight profile.  There are some less costly G10 grips with pretty much the same profile that you can get to try out the shape/width, and then just keep them around as a spare set if you like it and go with the aluminums.

https://www.amazon.com/Cool-Hand-Shadow-included-SP1-PN-6/dp/B01HCS1VCI/ref=sr_1_23?crid=1XCPH9AQ1H4VH&dchild=1&keywords=cool+hand+cz75+grips&qid=1580064153&sprefix=cool+hand+cz75%2Caps%2C129&sr=8-23

There may be differences in checkering and texture, but again the most immediate thing is the size/width of the grip.
Thanks for the advice. Definitely need to look into that.

Offline Irontoro

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2020, 08:45:09 PM »

That's what this subforum is for: asking the people at CZ Custom questions. The moderators of the subforum are the owners/operators of CZ custom.

I think it's pretty funny, in effect asking them if their products are any good, but if you don't, then ..oh well.

You would probably have got more feedback in the SP-01 forum, still...carry on.
Thanks for the feedback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Irontoro

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2020, 08:48:25 PM »
I have handled a few and can say that like every CZC product I have looked at they are really well made and have a great fit and finish. I don’t own any because I find a thicker grip works better for me and when it’s 110* in the shade here in AZ metal grips get kinda warm. If you are looking for a really thin grip then look no further. Is it worth it? That’s a buyer decision. I spent over a $100 on Nils wood target grips for my 97 and thought I was well worth it.
That is a good point. I live in Texas so it does get pretty hot over here. My friend has a Shadow 2 so I can pretty feel the shadows grips before I make a decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Triax60

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2020, 11:55:34 AM »
I have a set which came on a Protek II. The sandpaper part is grippy, back is smooth. I read over time the sandpaper part will wear and you will have to replace. I wanted something more solid, not have to replace grip texture so I replaced with LOK Grips Full Checkered.