Author Topic: New DA Straight Trigger  (Read 4437 times)

Offline combatpanda

Re: New DA Straight Trigger
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2020, 12:08:08 AM »
Saw that pop up - got one on order to test it out

Offline inthevalley

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2020, 10:54:15 PM »
There is a photo on IG with a P09 rocking this - is this a teaser for a Omega Compatible one with a different SKU?

If so where can I sign up to get that  8)

CZ Custom?

https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/triggers/czc-straight-omega-da-trigger.html

Wow! That looks awesome, and very affordable!

Anyone know if this will work with a gun that has a CGW Pro Kit installed?

Offline MetalGravy

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2020, 02:18:34 PM »
Yeah, is the Omega one compatible with the CGW short-reset kit?

Offline jennflip

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2020, 01:17:34 PM »
  Will this flat trigger work with the CGW short reset piece?????

Offline Hammer Time

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2020, 03:57:08 PM »
Just ordered one for my P-07 (I do not have the short reset kit installed). Will report back....

Offline debruynda

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2020, 01:55:34 PM »
Was thinking about installing this on my 75 D PCR.  Anyone install these on a decocker?

#1 Can it be done on a compact?

#2 I think the answer to #1 is yes since it can work with a decocker, so a) how much of the disco "hook" needs to be removed in order for it to function and b) which part of the hook does material need to be removed from?

Thanks in advance.

Online Tok36

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2020, 02:37:02 PM »
   The CZC Straight DA/SA Trigger can be installed in any CZ75 variant, decocker and safety model, including the compact models. A Short Reach Disconector or a Reach Reduction Disconector are required for the trigger to work properly. Some fitting may be required in some pistols due to tolerances, some just drop in and work.

For decockers, one of the Short Reach disconector wings must be removed. Further fitting may be required after this depending on the specific pistol. The inside of the disconectors hook is a common fitting area to regain the Single Action reset.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline Hammer Time

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2020, 10:02:39 AM »
Thanks for that clarity, Tok36.

Note also that the "CZC Straight Omega DA Trigger" (#10448) is not the same as the "CZC Straight DA/SA Trigger ONLY SHORT REACH KIT ONLY" (#10424) pictured at the beginning of this thread. I believe the Omega version will drop into any standard Omega setup, and does not require additional fitment or parts.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 04:27:18 PM by Hammer Time »

Online Tok36

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2020, 07:24:34 PM »
Yeah, is the Omega one compatible with the CGW short-reset kit?

I just tested this on my CZ P-09. With the CGW Omega Pro Package parts installed (this includes the CGW Omega Short Reset Parts), the CZC Straight Omega DA Trigger dropped in and worked normally. 

Thanks for that clarity, Tok36.

Note also that the "CZC Straight Omega DA Trigger" (#10448) is not the same as the "CZC Straight DA/SA Trigger ONLY SHORT REACH KIT ONLY" (#10424) pictured at the beginning of this thread. I believe the Omega version will drop into any standard Omega setup, and does not require additional fitment or parts.

I agree with Hammer Time. For the CZC Straight Omega DA Trigger, additional parts are not required.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 07:31:26 PM by Tok36 »
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline Hammer Time

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2020, 08:00:28 PM »
Yup - I dropped one in my P-07 last week. It was a piece of cake, and functions fine.

Also installed the 3-spring kit from CGW and did a bunch of polishing while I had it torn apart. Much smoother now.  ;)

Offline WNCRob

« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2020, 04:23:02 PM »
I'm from Missouri...I would think that a flat trigger would lend itself to inconsistent trigger finger placement compared to a slightly curved trigger...and thus variations in trigger pull (resistance)...longer, less resistance; shorter, more resistance.  If the finger rides up on the trigger, the DA pull, in particular, would be very heavy.  All theoretical, of course. ;)

Offline Hammer Time

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2020, 05:18:01 PM »
I'm from Missouri...I would think that a flat trigger would lend itself to inconsistent trigger finger placement compared to a slightly curved trigger...and thus variations in trigger pull (resistance)...longer, less resistance; shorter, more resistance.  If the finger rides up on the trigger, the DA pull, in particular, would be very heavy.  All theoretical, of course. ;)

I think that's more than just theoretical. Consistent finger position does become more important on a flat trigger, and a few pulls with a trigger gauge at various different points on the trigger will make that obvious. That's why the flat triggers that I've tended to prefer have a little bit of a 'shoe' at the bottom, for positive indexing.

Offline WNCRob

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2020, 07:28:27 PM »
Yep...my thoughts exactly...something to index off of. 

Offline artyfo

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2020, 10:03:24 PM »
I had Eric Zinn put one on my CZ 75 pre-B.  I  preferred it to the factory curved.

Offline E30Eric

« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2020, 04:23:13 PM »
I have really been considering this to add Sage to my sp01 with a pro kit