Author Topic: Anyone using MagTech Primers?  (Read 1905 times)

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
Anyone using MagTech Primers?
« on: September 30, 2006, 07:32:23 PM »
Magtech, the Brazilian Munitions maker is now importing Primers and Graf & Sons has them pretty reasonable under the price of other brands.  I do like Magtech ammo and was wondering if anyone out there has tried their primers.
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline ReloaderFred

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 08:01:15 AM »
jwc007,

I've been tempted by the price, and I talked to the rep at the SHOT Show last year, who promised that they were the equal of anything else on the market.  

I'm interested in how they fall in the sensitivity range, since there is so much difference between CCI, Winchester, Remington and Federal.  I've got several guns (revolvers and lever action rifles) that have had extensive action jobs on them and won't set off CCI primers and are iffy (is that a word?) with Winchester, but will set off Remington and Federal every time.

I'll probably buy some, if I can find them locally.  I don't want to pay the $20.00 hazmat fee for a small amount, and I don't want to commit to my usual order of 20,000 or so, in case they don't work out.  I'm waiting for someone to be the guinea pig for me..........

Fred
After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs

marsturm

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 05:06:30 PM »
I bought the magtech primers from Graf & Sons. Use them in .38 special and 9mm. I've fired several thousand rounds and had one that required a 2nd strike in my Marlin Competition Cowboy. Much better performance than I've had with Winchester primers.

Offline Craig M Arnold

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 09:26:19 PM »
I've shot a bunch of the large pistol (45acp). I have never had a failure and have several pistols with very light hammer springs.

I have never used the small pistol, but would expect the same results as the large.

Best regards.
Make America Great Again

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 10:18:13 AM »
Thanks Everyone for your input here!  It's nice to have an alternative.  I've generally stuck with either Winchester or Federal primers, but I think I will look for Magtech primers next time I'm in the Market for some.  Right now, I've got a fairly good supply of Winchester Large and Small Pistol Primers.

(I've also been known to pick up supplies at Gunshows when a nicely priced opportunity presents itself, even though theres no need for them at the time, so you never know!)

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

gebu62

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 04:57:15 PM »
Im my expierience in smal pistol primers, 38 spl ,.357 mag . .380  and 9mm have only had one FTF in over 5 thousand.
            I recommend them.

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 07:04:21 AM »
Excellent!  Thankyou for sharing your experience!