Author Topic: Cold War Commemorative questions  (Read 374 times)

Offline ARK208

• Boise, ID USA
Cold War Commemorative questions
« on: February 08, 2020, 09:27:06 PM »
I just purchased a Cold War Commemorative CZ 75 as a collectable. I don't usually buy firearms to solely collect but this one seems like it'll be desirable someday and I like it.

I have two questions. First, how many were built? Originally I had heard that it was limited to 1000 pieces but my serial number is much higher than that (CCCP2321).
Second, did CZ do two different variations of this model? I see a lot of the CZ 75 B style trigger guards advertised (on Gunbroker) but mine has the 'pre B' rounded version (which I think is VERY cool). I was told by the supplying dealer that the Cold War was essentially a trimmed out 75 B.

I'm a nerd for the numbers and I'm interested in hearing what you have to add. Thanks!

Offline Blackwatch

Re: Cold War Commemorative questions
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2020, 10:12:26 PM »
You may wish to search the forum board on 75's - questions you raise have previously been covered. For example:
https://czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=101761.0

Hope that helps.

Offline ARK208

• Boise, ID USA
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2020, 10:44:40 PM »
Thanks Blackwatch...from the looks of the commenters on that post, most disapprove of its very existence. I was able to gleen a little knowledge (albeit clunky) with regards to run numbers.

Offline The Guardian

• CZ dreamin'... zzzzzzz..... don't wake me
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2020, 11:36:29 AM »
Below is a copy of a post I did summarizing the Cold War runs about a year ago in another thread.....should still be current though....hope this helps  :)

A little history for those that care to know.......

First run had serial numbers CCCP0001 thru 1000, with red stars and blacked out hammer and sickle

Second run had serial numbers CCCP1001 thru 2000, with red stars and hammer/sickle

Third-ish run had regular serial numbers, meaning NO “CCCP” in the serial numbers (not sure how many were produced), w/red stars and hammer/sickle......not as desirable IMHO  :(

Forth run (currently available) serial numbers back with the “CCCP” with all red stars and hammer/sickle and I believe the range is CCCP2001 thru 3000.....
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 10:25:35 PM by The Guardian »
“I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."  John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist" 1976

Offline Metal Wonder Nine Guy

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2020, 10:12:24 AM »
From what I've also seen, the first run of CWC 75's had squared trigger guards and stainless steel barrels. The 2nd gen had rounded trigger guards and either blued or black barrels.

I didn't even know that there was a 4th gen Cold War 75 out.

While many disapprove of the markings, the cool thing about these newer CWC 75's is that they represent a more modernized Pre-B CZ 75 with the rounded trigger guard and spur hammer.

Offline ARK208

• Boise, ID USA
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2020, 12:34:26 AM »
Thanks guys! This is the exactly what I was looking for. According to this information I have a 4th run CWC 75...rounded trigger guard, spur hammer, black barrel, CCCP serial number. It's very pre-B looking.

Offline TripppleP

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2020, 07:01:27 AM »
I see a few on GB.  Maybe over time they will dry up.  If you are looking for an investment you would be better served buying stocks or something.  But for fun collectibility its soo much cooler than a stock. 

Offline larryflew

• Minnesota
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2020, 03:10:07 PM »
CZ had also done the same with LE like the 25th anniversary. Run of 1000 with pearled wooden grips, Run of 1000 with different grips and run of 500 back to pearl grips.  I purchased 3 when new. When Obumma took office everything went so high I couldn't afford not to sell and always thought I could replace one. Made $200 on each one. Now would like one back and IF you can find them at all they are in the $1200 to $1400 range and I sold for closer to $700.  Wait long enough and they may or may not be valuable.
, []]]]]]]]]]]\>
        )'_\   (
'            \ *\
'              \ _\

Larry

Minnesota shooter
and CZ fanatic
NRA life since the 70's
USAF 66-70

A rubber band pistol was confiscated from an algebra class because it was a weapon of math disruption.

Offline Bill-in-Texas

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2020, 08:53:54 AM »
I just purchased a Cold War Commemorative CZ 75 as a collectable. ...and I like it.

...I'm interested in hearing what you have to add. Thanks!

ARK208, you hit the key point in that you “like it.” No one can question your decision.
(I’ll admit to owning some firearms that others would never own.)

Since this is a discussion forum and as a newbie here, I’ve come to see it as a great resource of CZ knowledge, I enjoy all manner of CZ discussions. Who knows?... I might happen upon something quite unexpected from the CZ line on any given day.

Thanks for the topic, and thanks to all for the informative replies!

Feel free to post pics.