Author Topic: P-01 info needed  (Read 1547 times)

Offline NMShooter

P-01 info needed
« on: January 26, 2020, 05:37:26 PM »
I am looking at picking up a P-01 Omega convertible. Those of you have trigger time on one of these: what are your thoughts and opinions about this pistol?

Offline AZ_CZ

Re: P-01 info needed
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 06:00:01 PM »
This thread seems to have your answers.

https://czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=107694.0;topicseen
CZ Fanbot since 1996

Offline Tanners Owner

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 10:20:19 PM »
Recommend posting this in the compact sub forum- you’ll likely get faster answers there.

That said I have a P01 Omega & love it. It’s OTB was better than any or my other standard CZs (PCR & SP01T).  That said, I still sent it to CGW for their pro package and am amazed. It’s one of my favorite pistols
Like a midget at a urinal, I'll have to keep on my toes

Offline NMShooter

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2020, 11:58:37 PM »
Thanks guys, Tanners, how was the trigger? Clean brake? I put the CGW package in my SP-01. Very nice. Made that pistol exceptional.

Offline Tanners Owner

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2020, 10:45:08 PM »
Has been a few years, but the DA was a little heavy and some stacking but had relatively clean break. Think the trigger design ( straighter)  may have something to do with it too.

I am happy I went with the CGW pro package (was my first CZ I had upgraded). Trigger pull is smoother, lighter and reset really sweet. They simply made a good gun great.
Like a midget at a urinal, I'll have to keep on my toes

Offline NMShooter

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2020, 08:33:48 PM »
Yes that is my opinion with the kit I installed on my SP-01, but the pull is lighter than I like in a carry gun. I’ll call  CGW and find out about maybe setting the spring weights to give me 4.5 pull SA weight. I’m very impressed with their quality and service.

Offline igolfat8

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2020, 07:20:04 PM »
I love mine and it’s on my hip daily. The DA pull was off the scale, my trigger gage only goes to 12# and wouldn’t read mine. I did a complete disassembly, polish and replaced some springs and it’s awesome now. One of my favorite pistols to shoot.

Offline NMShooter

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2020, 05:37:44 PM »
Received mine last night. Trigger creeps. Other than that, happy with the gun. Need to replace the plastic guide rod. The sights are either tritium or some kind of luminescent paint. They look like plain white dots in the light. I'm looking at CGW trigger kit. I don't know though, part of me just wants to leave it stock, it's not a target pistol after all but I've been spoiled by 1911 triggers.  I think it's going to be a great carry gun.  I'll do some polishing tomorrow then get it out to the range on monday and see how it does.

Offline jurek

• NRA Pistol Instructor, RSO
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2020, 09:22:09 PM »
Received mine last night. Trigger creeps. Other than that, happy with the gun. Need to replace the plastic guide rod. The sights are either tritium or some kind of luminescent paint. They look like plain white dots in the light. I'm looking at CGW trigger kit. I don't know though, part of me just wants to leave it stock, it's not a target pistol after all but I've been spoiled by 1911 triggers.  I think it's going to be a great carry gun.  I'll do some polishing tomorrow then get it out to the range on monday and see how it does.
Congrats !
Shoot 300 - 400 rounds to see how the trigger is. Then you will have some idea what CGW package to use  8)
If you bought standard P-01 Omega, it came with 3 fluorescent dots. You can either go with full tritium replacement of just front sight and black out rear dots (I did some tests on mine firearms and best / less expensive option was Meprolight ML17775FS, which is front only and red or black sharpie on rear dots).
Polishing is a MUST  ;)
For guide rod, I'd recommend SS guide rod (SKU: 855587007405).
Good luck !

Offline NMShooter

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2020, 06:46:34 AM »
jurek, thanks for the info.

Offline jpy15026

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2020, 04:31:27 PM »
Former Glock Guy turned CZ ,have four of them now

Offline jpy15026

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2020, 04:43:15 PM »
Decocker all the way for me

Offline Molonlabe5118

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2020, 09:15:38 PM »
Hands down one of the best shooter out there for the money. I keep mine in decocker and had it milled for an RMR.

anything