Author Topic: 97bd field tool kit  (Read 1130 times)

Offline Mapmaker

97bd field tool kit
« on: February 12, 2020, 11:20:13 PM »
I luckily noticed after a recent shooting session that one of my grip panel screws was loose and backing out. Thankfully I never lost any parts.   This issue prompted me to start a field tool kit of fittings and supplies for field maintenance that seems important. 

Review of the postings shows some users experience trouble with the loaded chamber indicator screw backing out and a few cases of complete loss. Along with the grip panel screws what other field maintenance tools and spare parts items are critical to keeping the 97 running strong?

...ammo is not a spare part.

Mapmaker
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 11:32:16 PM by Mapmaker »

Offline Tok36

Re: 97bd field tool kit
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 02:12:20 AM »
You can use little rubber O-rings on the grip screws to keep them from backing out. Adding some Loctite to the LCI set screw seems to keep it in place.

For the toolkit a bore snake is not a bad idea.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline Mapmaker

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2020, 08:54:54 PM »
Super

Thanks for the tip.

Mapmaker

Offline TripppleP

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2020, 10:10:54 PM »
In my range bag I carry one of those screw drivers sets with 20 heads from Lowes.  That way its almost universal for many guns.  It has come in handy many times. 

I have one of those thick fiber optic candy-cane shaped things for shining light down barrels.

Multiple zip-lock bags.  Good for picking up shells or random reasons such as putting phone into during rain storms. 

Staples for the staple gun...

Markers for adding dots to paper for targets. 

Spare ear plugs. 

I guess the list is a little off your original topic but I thought I'd still share. 

anything