Author Topic: 9 Hole Bren 2 Accuracy Review  (Read 627 times)

Offline rckendall

Re: 9 Hole Bren 2 Accuracy Review
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2020, 08:20:19 AM »
Thanks for sharing, I like those guys.

Richard

Offline mig1nc

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2020, 08:22:25 AM »
Yeah, I like those reviews.

Looks like the Bren 2 is very accurate indeed.

Offline MeatAxe

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2020, 08:10:22 PM »
They seem like temperamental bastards, though I'd rather watch them than that long-n-winded nutnfancy idiot.

Hickock45 needs to do a video on the Bren 2. He's such a affable old geezer...plus he'd be ringing the gongs at the same distances with iron sights,
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 10:15:16 PM by MeatAxe »

Online boss281

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2020, 05:24:30 AM »
Loved their discussion.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Scorpion Evo S1 Carbine and Pistol, 75BD, SP-01 Tactical CGW Pro Kit, P-01 CGW Defensive Carry Kit, P-07, P-09

Offline Aries144

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2020, 01:00:51 PM »
It's mildly entertaining, and they're decent shooters, but it's value as anything other than entertainment is nil. They're just showing that the firearm is capable of hitting great big targets. How many firearms can't consistently do that? Maybe a particularly bad Mosin Nagant or something with a shot-out barrel.

When I watch a firearm review, I want the firearm's capabilities only, with as much of the human factor removed as possible. Screw that thing down to a bench and show me mechanical accuracy, then give me all the data about conditions, ammo you used, range, shot interval, etc. Heat the barrel up and fire another group and show me things like group shift and how much dispersion increased after a single mag dump. That's all stuff I can use to make a purchase decision.

The whole 'practical accuracy' thing and shooting at 'man size targets' is a peeve of mine. It's some kind of weird fad like the zombie thing was. If they were shooting little 4" x 6" sections simulating a skilled opponent shooting properly from cover, that'd be more "practical" to my mind, but still not as useful to me as a proper test.

Offline MeatAxe

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2020, 12:30:04 PM »
Other than Hickok45, I hope Rob Ski / AK Operators Union will do a review of the Bren 2 before long, preferably in 7.62x39. He does a good job of shaking rifles down and finding whatever weak points might arise. Though he concentrates on AKs, he recently did a series on the CSA Vz58, which fared well in his 5000 round torture test.