Author Topic: Czech and Slovak Slings - Fenix / 4M Systems / SPM Liberec / Falco  (Read 458 times)

Offline CCZ

There are AT LEAST 3 Czech companies producing slings for the CZ Bren rifles and 1 Slovak company.

I ordered the 4M Systems 2 point sling for the Bren and I am not thrilled with it. This is the factory Czech sling.
I like that it has the CZ logo on it (this is the factory sling). However, functionally, the quick release rear buckle easily gets in the way of the cheek rest when you shoulder the rifle.

Fenix and 4M Systems both produce 2-point slings.

SPM Liberec produces a 3 point sling.

Falco Slovakia produces a 2 point sling.

This thread is for the discussion of European sling options for the CZ Bren.

I am looking for a sling that won’t get in the way of my cheek-weld when shouldering my Bren 805.

Offline the war wagon

• Mafioso of the Apocalypse
Re: Czech and Slovak Slings - Fenix / 4M Systems / SPM Liberec / Falco
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 04:27:05 PM »
The European slings probably are best.  I tried a Vickers BFG, which wears (padded) and looks awesome, BUT... the MASH hooks wouldn't rotate properly - eventually, they'd of ground down, or they'd of gouged the attachment points.   :(

HK clips will probably work best on the 805's factory sling points.  OR, you can go with webbing attachment (Gear Sector, in my case), for smoother movement/transition.

- Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Offline CCZ

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2020, 08:44:58 PM »
.....eventually, they'd of ground down, or they'd of gouged the attachment points. 

I don’t think so. Not even in a lifetime.

Offline the war wagon

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2020, 11:00:39 PM »

I don’t think so. Not even in a lifetime.

They were ALREADY grinding on mine, after one (1) range trip.  Both the MASH hooks, AND the sling mounts.  MASH hooks woulda gone first.
- Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Offline moses the armenian

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2020, 11:56:20 PM »
So we're do you buy the Czech military slings and with one is the best for 2 point carry ?

Thanks

Offline the war wagon

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2020, 10:38:14 PM »
So we're do you buy the Czech military slings and with one is the best for 2 point carry ?

I've seen the ACTUAL Czech slings on E-Bay.  There is a Czech Republic (located) outfit that carries them, but they ONLY take Paypal upfront, and it was 6 - 8 weeks delivery time BEFORE the Chinese flu bug.   :o   Perhaps someone else can cite a CLOSER... & more timely source...

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2020, 11:16:48 PM »
With the BREN 805 I used the CZ-USA sold 3 point sling, first time I had ever used one, and it worked quite well, didn't get in the way, but I discovered I don't really like 3 point slings.  Only thing I can add, since that was a factory Czech sling.

Offline BKmetz

• I'm 100% Slavic so CZ works for me.
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2020, 01:01:25 AM »
I bought this SPM-Liberec sling from Euro-Military two years ago. It doesn't show this olive green one for sale on its web site anymore.

On a somewhat  related note I bought this CZUB sling from Euro-Military for my new 512 in .22lr a few weeks ago. It took 3 days to be delivered from Europe to my door by Fed-Ex International, but this was before everything got shutdown. CZ-USA lists the sling as 'Sold Out' so I paid double to get it from Euro-Military as it had it in stock. Sometimes it takes CZ-USA 6 months or more to stock a sold-out item.

Shoot more and worry less, if the hoarders leave any ammo...

:)

You can always tell a Slovak, but you can't tell him much. Just ask my wife. ;)

anything