Author Topic: New Shadow 2 SA  (Read 2062 times)

Offline runnerhiker

New Shadow 2 SA
« on: February 23, 2020, 06:13:52 PM »
This gun is now listed on the CZ website.  I want one.  I asked my local dealer to get one for me, but it looks like they are not available yet.  Does anybody know if CZ has put out an official release date?

I am a big CZ and CZ Custom fan, have several of them.  But I don't have a Shadow 2.  How about some knowledgeable CZ owners, speculate on the single action comparison of the new SA vs the traditional DA in single action.  In other words, will the single actions of the SA be better than the single action of the DA?

Offline chomorro

Re: New Shadow 2 SA
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2020, 06:18:21 PM »
This gun is now listed on the CZ website.  I want one.  I asked my local dealer to get one for me, but it looks like they are not available yet.  Does anybody know if CZ has put out an official release date?

I am a big CZ and CZ Custom fan, have several of them.  But I don't have a Shadow 2.  How about some knowledgeable CZ owners, speculate on the single action comparison of the new SA vs the traditional DA in single action.  In other words, will the single actions of the SA be better than the single action of the DA?
My friends is a single action flat trigger conversion.  Its lighter then my factory single action. I do shoot better with his but I prefer the curve feel of the factory trigger on mine.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Offline runnerhiker

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2020, 06:46:25 PM »
Thanks chomorro

Offline chomorro

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2020, 06:49:04 PM »
Thanks chomorro
I think it comes down to hand size.  Smaller fingers can reach the curved trigger easier like me.

Offline scroadkill

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2020, 07:26:20 PM »
im thinking when you are establishing your grip and punching out for a target its nice to just slap the trigger.. and once you touch it the gun goes bang. no pre-travel, no staging, no take up, no gentle squeeze.  it recoils back, you let go a hair, the sights cross the target and you slap it again quick and it goes bang. minimal trigger travel. zero conscious thought. no distractions... just bang bang.

I think a 2.0# flat SA trigger w/ about 1/16" pre and over travel is about right.

Offline runnerhiker

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2020, 11:51:55 PM »
I have a CZ Custom Shadow Bull with 2.5# trigger pull and it is the gun that best fits my hand and shooting form.  I shoot better with it than anything else I have.  I have a number of other CZ Customs with 3# trigger pull that also work great for me. But I don't have a SAO CZ and I am really looking forward to getting this Shadow 2 SA!!

Offline Claymore504

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2020, 12:28:51 PM »
I do not have a Shadow2 either, but have wanted one. This SA version looks very tempting!

Offline jmohme

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2020, 12:54:49 AM »
I was really wanting to get a Shadow 2 SA also. I went to my local gun shop with cash in hand to order one.
They could not locate one and called their rep was told there would be a long wait before they will be available, so I just got the black and blue Shadow 2 instead.
I will get an SA later when they are more readily available.

Offline eastman

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2020, 08:01:35 PM »
someone on a different forum posted that they had already purchased one (they did have pictures)
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline pcar157

« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2020, 11:01:23 AM »
Can't you just convert a typical Shadow 2 to SAO like so many other CZs? I ordered a 75 Bull Shadow OR from Stuart @ CZC and had them convert it to SAO prior to receiving it.
I love the gun esp the SAO and it is by far my favorite to shoot, more so than any of my 1911s.

Offline chomorro

« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2020, 12:20:22 PM »
Can't you just convert a typical Shadow 2 to SAO like so many other CZs? I ordered a 75 Bull Shadow OR from Stuart @ CZC and had them convert it to SAO prior to receiving it.
I love the gun esp the SAO and it is by far my favorite to shoot, more so than any of my 1911s.
I'm curious what the difference is as well

Offline runnerhiker

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2020, 05:49:43 PM »
I saw a video where a person converted a Shadow from DA to SAO.  I am not a gunsmith, but it looked to me like he removed pieces to make the conversion, in such a way, that it looked like it didn't effect the SA of the gun but it removed the DA of the gun.  If this is correct, the SA was not modified by this "conversion".  Anybody out there know enough about this to comment?

BTW, it's been a month now and my dealer can't find the new SA Shadow.

Offline newageroman

• Press or cry like the rest...
    • The Brass Bucket - Brass Trading Website
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2020, 11:31:31 AM »
Be glad.. buy a starter punch, race hammer and an adj. sear and drop it in for way better/cheaper. It's not hard. There really no "fitting/filing" that needs to be done in my experience, just turning tiny set screws to adjust the trigger, don't like it, just go back to stock. TONS of YT vids. Hardest part is removing the trigger pin and the disconnector pin that is in the hammer strut - once that is gone you're golden. Bonus for you the S2 has no PF block to remove! I just did another SAO conversion and about creamed my pants when I finally got it right and felt that Sweet SAO CRISP break.... I have threads in the gunsmithing forum with tons of pics. Try this - put your gun is SA, then slowly work the trigger, watch the hammer cam back before dropping. With the race hammers and sear, there is virtually no hammer camming.

I don't know for sure, but I would make an educated guess that the stock S2 SA parts are not quite as crisp and tight as the CGW aftermarket ones OR CZC worked over stuff OR Orange model guns. I was going to Convert an S2 to SAO, but I traded it away and used the extra $$$ to build up a stock 01.
Ricky Ace Range Review: https://rumble.com/c/c-1388111
75B-BullShadow SAO (Limited Optics)
SP-01-SAO-comped (OpenMajor)
97E SAO, 97B, SAR copies
..others..

Offline runnerhiker

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2020, 03:45:41 PM »
newage...

Let me ask you to speculate on one specific thing.  Suppose we have a stock S2 and a the new stock S2 SA --> comparing the SA on both of these guns, do you think they'll be identical or very similar?  And both inferior to a CGW or CZC trigger job?

Offline tdogg

• Two Alpha!
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2020, 08:05:47 PM »
Runner,

The only difference will be the feel, as the SA version comes with a SAO trigger vs the standard S2 DA/SA has a standard trigger.  You can easily convert the standard S2 to SAO by removing the disconnector and installing a SAO trigger.  It would then be nearly identical to the version offered direct from CZ.

Both of these would be inferior to a tuned model from a custom shop due to the fact that they would come with a competition hammer.  As newage indicated this is an easy conversion and will make your S2 SAO trigger very crisp and clean.

Parts needed:
Comp hammer
Floating trigger pin
SAO trigger

You don't need to worry about re-springing the gun as being SAO will be in the 2-3 lb range without polishing using a competition hammer.  It's a very easy conversion if you have a starter punch and some mechanical aptitude.

Cheers,
Toby

This forum rocks!

anything