Author Topic: Is it worth to upgrade from TS to TSO?  (Read 1102 times)

Offline tjrcs

Is it worth to upgrade from TS to TSO?
« on: March 02, 2020, 08:55:53 PM »
I'm looking for insights from the folks who have experiences in both TS & TSO.

I have added Dawson Precision FO front sight, CZC Adj. rear sight, and LOK thin grips to my TS to enhance the shootability and comfort.   I've been quite happy with this setup until I got to handle/shoot my buddy's TSO.  I still do prefer my thinner FO front sight and the grippier LOK grips than the TSO original counterparts, but OMG...  my right hand fits soo much better in the TSO's "revised" grip geometry (Btw, i do have medium size hands).  I just love how it fits my hand as it made me to feel like TSO was much smaller gun than TS.  The revised geometry of TSO grips provide easier trigger manipulation movement (primarily due to the shorter trigger reaching distance) and safety manipulations as well.

Unfortunately (perhaps fortunately), these enhanced "feelings" did not translate to the improvements in accuracy.  This could be due to the fact that I didn't get the opportunity to spend lots of time on TSO.  OR perhaps, my TS can still shoot better than my skill. lol

Offline muncie21

Re: Is it worth to upgrade from TS to TSO?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2020, 09:48:25 PM »
Most of the TSO improvements (sights, trigger, magwell, etc.) can be easily duplicated on the TS.  The grip size/shape, not so much.  If the TSO grip is noticeably 'better' for your hand, suggest you consider a TSO purchase in your future, otherwise you'll always be wondering...

Offline bigdave24

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2020, 10:34:07 PM »
A number of TS owners have done grip reductions on their pistols.  It’s pretty easy if you have the right tools.

Offline Shadow knows

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2020, 04:59:08 AM »
Get a TSO and keep the TS as your backup

Offline scroadkill

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2020, 08:37:19 AM »
Im running a pair of TSOs.. and my hands are medium sized.. hitting and riding the safety is no problem.. hitting the mag release i have to break my grip a little... but even with the tops of my grips filed way down my trigger finger cant quite make it to the first joint on the trigger.. as a result I think I push the occasional shot hard left when building my grip on the draw, or after a reload / big movement.

and this is with the TSO's smaller frame.

That said no way ide think about running a larger frame.. like the TS.

anything