Author Topic: CZ EVO Sights In Stock  (Read 636 times)

Offline Inconel5150

CZ EVO Sights In Stock
« on: March 04, 2020, 02:34:01 PM »
Hi all,  Just for info, CZ USA has EVO sights in stock, just bought a set, $160 and change.  Not sure if they are exactly the same as they say made out of aluminum but they look good to go to me.  I have been looking for awhile to replace the cheap Magpul ones I got stuck with.  I don't post much so hello and back to lurking. (That price was with a sight adjuster and shipping).

Edit) I went back and looked and the front sight comes with the sight adjuster so $10 cheaper.  Too late for me to change order easily so I guess I will have two adjusters.  They are easy to lose/misplace so no big deal.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 02:49:24 PM by Inconel5150 »

Offline czscorpion

Re: CZ EVO Sights In Stock
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2020, 07:33:56 PM »
Thanks for the tip, I just ordered a set.    I am glad they are back in stock, I had emailed both US customer support and CZ main office asking to buy a set.

Offline czscorpion

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2020, 11:33:52 PM »
they showed up this week.  Looks to be good quality.  No sight adjusted included with mine.  I haven't installed yet.

Offline Inconel5150

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2020, 05:35:46 PM »
Yes, I only got the one I had ordered extra.  It isn't worth the effort to me to complain given what all else is going on.  They are nice sights though.

Offline czscorpion

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2020, 10:23:27 PM »
Rear sight fit fine. 

Front sight is loose, it wont clamp the rail tightly.  contacted customer service haven't heard back yet. 

Did you install yours yet?

Offline Trooper894

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2020, 04:28:10 PM »
Rear sight fit fine. 

Front sight is loose, it wont clamp the rail tightly.  contacted customer service haven't heard back yet. 

If you haven't done so all ready. I would remove the clamping screw and remove the clamping plate. Check the back of the clamping plate and the mating surface on the sight for any burrs. Also while you have the screw out of the sight, try running the screw into the clamping plate all the way to the end of the threads to clean the threads out for any burrs. If none of that works then there are a couple of other things I would look at before shipping back to CZ. I bet it's something simple that just requires a different set of eyes to look at it. 

Offline Inconel5150

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2020, 04:18:35 PM »
Rear sight fit fine. 

Yes, mine worked fine.  Try those tips above and if you have an extra rail try it on that and have an up close visual on why it isn't clamping, might try clamping the sight on a different section of your scorpion rail ie where you already know the rear sight works.

Offline czscorpion

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2020, 08:20:44 PM »
Heard back from CZ they are going to be closed for next 30 days.  I will just get back to next month.

I already tried it on multiple spots on the rail, tried on a different rail, also took it apart and looked for defects.  It has to be machined wrong, with the screw removed I can squeeze it by hand and it is still loose to the rail.  It needs approx 10 thou taken off and it would fit properly, but I don't have a mill. 

Thanks for the suggestions though.  I'll just wait for CZ so I can return it and get another.

Offline Jbczjbcz

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2020, 03:25:04 AM »
I really like the metal cz sights, however I have to sell them to someone who can actually use it.

I’ve got a holosun, and completely obstructs then cz sights.. I’ll be doing a post in the classifieds soon, when I can take pictures.

Offline Wawa Skittletits

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2020, 04:46:11 PM »
I really like the metal cz sights, however I have to sell them to someone who can actually use it.

I’ve got a holosun, and completely obstructs then cz sights.. I’ll be doing a post in the classifieds soon, when I can take pictures.

I’ll be doing the same. In my case it’s the tape switch but if they’re so desirable I’d rather someone else actually enjoy them.

Offline Cbales51

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2020, 04:48:49 PM »
I have a brand new set that came on my evo 3 s1 last week that I would be willing to part with.