Author Topic: Strike Industries in the evo marketplace  (Read 2341 times)

Offline Asylum9

Strike Industries in the evo marketplace
« on: March 04, 2020, 11:08:15 PM »
I see that strike industries is coming out with a line of evo parts. Handguard, safety, grip, charging handle and the already have the mag release out  >:(  The insert didn't show a clear picture of the handguard but it looked like it's more geared towards the micro?
ApIII%

Offline TITAN308

Re: Strike Industries in the evo marketplace
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2020, 06:53:09 AM »
Some of their stuff is nice, the rest looks like hipster gun crowd stuff.

I wasn't aware they were releasing a handguard and Google shows nothing.

Offline Gunnerdad80

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2020, 07:51:12 AM »
Unrelated but, when I still had my Glocks and Nomad 9, I bought SI’s tool-less slide plate covers and a couple other gadgets. The fit and finish of everything I bought was good. Just my $.02.

Offline Hemiscorpius lepturus

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2020, 01:15:40 PM »
I have a few SI parts for AR, just love the Tribus. Some of their parts look goofy, I have not used them so I cant say how well they work, but the stuff I have tried has worked great, and they do have many unique items

Offline Asylum9

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2020, 01:40:32 AM »
Just received my mag release from strike industries besides the fact it's plastic it's basically exactly what I had designed 8 months ago. It might be a slightly bias opinion but this is how it should of came from the factory. Zero need to move your finger from on or around the trigger when switching mags. I still have to use it at the range but I can't see any issues. Plenty of clearance between the mag catch and mag when depressed. Mags drop free on closed/open, full/empty mag. No squeaks or rubbing. Unfortunately I have to wait until the range opens back up to do actual function check.
ApIII%

Offline Jbczjbcz

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2020, 03:22:16 AM »
“ but this is how it should of came from the factory. Zero need to move your finger from on or around the trigger when switching mags”

I’ve got the HBI duckbill, and I find that I cannot release the mags with my trigger finger ... (small hands?) so I searched for a couple mag releases, including strike industries.

When you use your trigger finger to release the mag, do you push the horizontal part next to the trigger guard, or the vertical portion?

Offline lorazepam

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2020, 02:49:05 PM »
I just ordered one. Looks like you can just push down on the horizontal portion by the trigger guard. I am tired of the yeti wurks mag catch randomly dropping mags when I shoot.

Offline Asylum9

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2020, 03:00:52 PM »
I push down on the horizontal section that runs on the bottom of the trigger guard although I can now reach the front section that cuts across the front of the guard with my middle finger. Since it kind of cuts across the trigger guard it's closer to the trigger now.
ApIII%

Offline Asylum9

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2020, 08:13:28 PM »
I took some photos of the mag release installed. https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=13a0J21hslm05FGMMIICJu9w9DekuxYlA
ApIII%

Offline ndfan6466

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2020, 07:22:15 PM »

Offline Trooper894

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2020, 12:11:26 PM »
Got my SI Mag Release in today. Replacing my HBI on my Micro that I was perfectly happy with but wanted to try the SI. The paddles that fit around the trigger guard were a little over sized and pinched on the trigger guard, impeding operation slightly. Just a touch on the inside of each paddle on the belt sander took care of the clearance issue. Will have to see if it is an improvement on my HBI mag release. None of my factory or PSA mags drop free reliably whether the bolt is locked back or not, so it may not be an improvement. Current training and muscle memory from using an HK MP5 is to reach up and strip the mags out of the gun so it will take a little practice trying to learn to use the paddles. I still have an HBI mag release in my standard Scorpion pistol to compare it with.
Honor - Doing what's right, even if no one is watching.

Offline Asylum9

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2020, 04:15:06 PM »
Not sure why it won't open. I've never done well with posting photos.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=13a0J21hslm05FGMMIICJu9w9DekuxYlA should be the link.

I'm guessing this mag release is going to suffer the same issues as a lot of other cz products when having to deal with the varying spec tolerances.

Did your mags drop free before? You could always measures the mag latch notch on the mag release and see if it's the same. Might need to be thinned out or maybe an angle ° change?
ApIII%

Offline Trooper894

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2020, 04:47:00 PM »
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=13a0J21hslm05FGMMIICJu9w9DekuxYlA should be the link.

I'm guessing this mag release is going to suffer the same issues as a lot of other cz products when having to deal with the varying spec tolerances.

Did your mags drop free before? You could always measures the mag latch notch on the mag release and see if it's the same. Might need to be thinned out or maybe an angle ° change?

Not sure if this question is directed towards my comments above.
I agree with the fitment statement. We have seen that CZ's molds apparently have variations in them that results in some minor final size variations. Note, it only took a minute to get the "paddles" to fit around my trigger guard freely, not a deal breaker.
Even BEFORE the magazine release switch was made none of my factory or PSA mags would RELIABLY drop free so there is no change there. I will just have to see, through usage, whether I come to like using the downward paddles to release the mags. Keeping an open mind. If I don't like the paddles no loss, it still has the extended bottom of the release that functions as normal.
The cost of the SI magazine release was cheap enough that I was willing to give it a try. If it turns out that I don't care for it, no big loss, I can always pass it on to someone else.  I've spent more on meals that turned out to be inedible.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 04:54:19 PM by Trooper894 »
Honor - Doing what's right, even if no one is watching.

Offline ndfan6466

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2020, 08:59:09 PM »

Works now.. that's a nice looking set up.

Not to hijack this post but really quick, just got my Scorpion micro and the trigger pack has a little slop in it. Are they all like this?

The mag release seems like it would definitely be a better upgrade. After a short range time with mine I can see the use for it. Be nice to hear from you all that have it installed what you think of it after some serious time using it...

Thanks for all the information already from you all...keeping this on my radar as my first upgrade

Offline Asylum9

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2020, 02:23:22 PM »
It's normal. These evo's haven't been known for there tight tolerances.
ApIII%

anything