Author Topic: Bull Shadow SP-01 Inbound  (Read 2823 times)

Stojanovich

Re: Bull Shadow SP-01 Inbound
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2020, 09:18:11 AM »
Obviously it's your call, but I wouldn't sell a new gun because of a broken extractor. Small parts can fail, that isn't necessarily indicative of a quality control issue. Your B.S.2 on the other hand, that wss a different story all together. You were so excited about the BS, I hate to see you give it up.

I don't think I'd ever be able to trust it enough to use it in a match.  I'm lucky if I have time to shoot 5-6 matches per year and the possibility of it failing in the middle of one is not a risk I'd be willing to take.   

Offline chomorro

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2020, 10:16:37 AM »
Obviously it's your call, but I wouldn't sell a new gun because of a broken extractor. Small parts can fail, that isn't necessarily indicative of a quality control issue. Your B.S.2 on the other hand, that wss a different story all together. You were so excited about the BS, I hate to see you give it up.

I don't think I'd ever be able to trust it enough to use it in a match.  I'm lucky if I have time to shoot 5-6 matches per year and the possibility of it failing in the middle of one is not a risk I'd be willing to take.
It's crazy my buddy bought an A01 from them and first range trip under 100 rounds something broke and the trigger wouldnt pull back.  They actually fought him on sending it back for repair but he kept up until they repaired it.

I still want a bull shadow though or an accushadow 2 lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Offline runnerhiker

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2020, 06:29:29 PM »
I got one about three months ago, like the Shadow Bull above.  Here is the good and the bad.  It is the best shooting pistol I have.  I have six CZ Custom's, some Nighthawks, and some Sig Legion SAO.  The SA pull is 2.5 lbs and very crisp.  But.... is is the only CZ75 that has not performed 100% reliable for me, it seems to not like 115 gr 9mm rounds, probably not enough energy to cycle, eject, and reload properly.  124 gr has worked without a failure.  No broken parts or repair needs.

Offline chomorro

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2020, 06:40:04 PM »
I got one about three months ago, like the Shadow Bull above.  Here is the good and the bad.  It is the best shooting pistol I have.  I have six CZ Custom's, some Nighthawks, and some Sig Legion SAO.  The SA pull is 2.5 lbs and very crisp.  But.... is is the only CZ75 that has not performed 100% reliable for me, it seems to not like 115 gr 9mm rounds, probably not enough energy to cycle, eject, and reload properly.  124 gr has worked without a failure.  No broken parts or repair needs.
Have you compared it to a shadow 2?  I'm curious because the factory shadow 2 has hands down shot better for me then any other gun I have tried even my shadow 1 with pro package.

Stojanovich

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2020, 07:28:21 PM »
Have you compared it to a shadow 2?  I'm curious because the factory shadow 2 has hands down shot better for me then any other gun I have tried even my shadow 1 with pro package.

I own a black/blue and an urban gray Shadow 2 and both have performed flawlessly.  Unfortunately, the Shadow 2 is a little too large for my shooting hand to quickly operate the slide release, mag release and thumb safety without changing my grip.  That's why I switched back to an SP-01 Shadow Orange from CZ Custom in 2017.  It's a better fit, weighs about 7 ounces less and I never have to change my grip to do anything.  It has close to 4500 rounds thru it without a malfunction of any kind.

As far as Bull Shadows are concerned, I tried two different models of it and both failed the reliability test with an exclamation point.  'Nuff said.  I just can't afford to have that to happen when my available time to compete on the weekends and practice during the week is so limited.           

Offline chomorro

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2020, 07:48:49 PM »

I own a black/blue and an urban gray Shadow 2 and both have performed flawlessly.  Unfortunately, the Shadow 2 is a little too large for my shooting hand to quickly operate the slide release, mag release and thumb safety without changing my grip.  That's why I switched back to an SP-01 Shadow Orange from CZ Custom in 2017.  It's a better fit, weighs about 7 ounces less and I never have to change my grip to do anything.  It has close to 4500 rounds thru it without a malfunction of any kind.

As far as Bull Shadows are concerned, I tried two different models of it and both failed the reliability test with an exclamation point.  'Nuff said.  I just can't afford to have that to happen when my available time to compete on the weekends and practice during the week is so limited.           
Interesting I might have to look into one of those. I have smaller hands then the shadow 2 as well. Thin grips helped a lot

Stojanovich

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2020, 08:18:53 PM »
Interesting I might have to look into one of those. I have smaller hands then the shadow 2 as well. Thin grips helped a lot.

Should be about the same as your Shadow 1? 

Offline Ktm45

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2020, 08:40:00 PM »
Hmmmm.   I took a CZ 75 BSA that had CGW parts in it and bought a BS slide and had them blend/ fit the dustcover. It runs/ ran flawless . I then took that same slide and had my other BSA and had CZC do trigger work and fit that Bull Shadow slide. That gun is now my go to production gun. I’m going to guess here but that slide has flawlessly shot 8-18K rounds of my reloads. I had about 10 light strikes with a 11.5 main spring. I put in different extended fp and light fp spring and have yet to have a light strike. I ugly shoot CCI primers.     I’ve been so happy with this Bull Shadow slide I’m getting a second.....unless the world comes to an end and it’s looking like it might 🤔.     

Offline falar

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2020, 10:21:29 PM »
I think that upper goes better with that lower.

It is quite a bit narrower than the S2 frame and looks a bit funky in that setup.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 11:43:17 PM by falar »

Offline runnerhiker

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2020, 02:20:53 AM »

As far as comparing the CZCustom Shadow Bull to the factory Shadow 2, I have nothing to add to what Stojanovich has here.  Except to say that I don't have a Shadow 2 but I want one.  The only question is which model to get.