Author Topic: CZ 85 Combat  (Read 5152 times)

Offline ZanderMan

CZ 85 Combat
« on: March 05, 2020, 10:14:16 PM »
Probably picking up a used 85 Combat tomorrow at LGS.

Any specific things I should look for other than usual wear, mags, documentation? I’ve done some research but not finding much on the 85 Combat, specifically. Saw some references to cracked frames?

I have a PCR and a 75B Omega UG with threaded barrel, looking to fill in the gap.
Used to own a CZ Jawa...

Offline Mark-combat

Re: CZ 85 Combat
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2020, 04:40:52 AM »
finding info on the 85combat is rare, trigger is great because there is no block on the firing pin.
I like shooting mine altough it still shoots low for some strange reason.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2020, 06:55:37 AM »
Would be about as close as you can get to a "Pre B".  Firing pin retained similar to 1911's. 

Do they have a spur hammer, or the newer style hammer?

Why would a CZ85 Combat have any more tendency to break a frame vs. a CZ75?
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline ZanderMan

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2020, 09:28:19 AM »
@M1A4ME, just reading up and came across this post...

https://czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=35635.0
Used to own a CZ Jawa...

Offline Mark-combat

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2020, 01:24:16 PM »
that were just a few that has happend to in 14 years, would not worry about that

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2020, 06:54:37 PM »
Looked at that thread.

Only the outer section of the frame is drilled/machined larger to accommodate the right side slide stop.  There is still the even thicker (one side to the other) section on the inside that is not affected by the changes to fit the right side slide stop.

It is also closest to the barrel peanut and should be getting more hammering from the shaft of the left side slide stop than that thinner outside piece of frame.

Even if that thin outside piece of the frame is cracked - the thicker inside section still supports the slide stop shaft which supports the barrel/peanut.

In the CZ85 design, the right left side slide stop lever shaft doesn't make contact with the frame anyway.  The right side slide stop lever, or the tube part of it that slides down around the left side slide stop shaft is what makes contact with it.

I've drilled out two CZ75 frames to allow the use of CZ75 right and left side slide stop levers.  If one of them breaks, I'll let everyone know.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline ZanderMan

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2020, 08:46:09 AM »
Thanks @M1A4ME

I've decided that I like my 75B better than an 85 Combat anyway, so it's not really "filling a gap"...

I don't really like a safety on a DA/SA... Still sitting on a 'G' kit for my 92A1 to convert it to a decocker.
Used to own a CZ Jawa...

anything