Author Topic: RDS for Scorpion micro suggestions  (Read 927 times)

Offline Trooper894

Re: RDS for Scorpion micro suggestions
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2020, 09:31:42 PM »
If I remember correctly, all 3 of my Holosun 503's are set to turn off at 10 minutes. I have propped all of them up and then set the oven timer to check them and sure enough, they have all shut off just as advertised. Just grabbing them to pick them up is enough for all of them to "wake up" to the last setting. As I said, my particular model is now discontinued and subsequently the ones I've found on Amazon have gone up considerably in price from what I paid for any of my others. But I'll still pick another one up.
I would have considered the Sig Romeo 5 due to all the favorable reviews, but I really like the 2MOA/65MOA reticle on a PCC. It doesn't hurt that I also have 2 different EOTech's on AR's with the same basic reticle, so I am comfortable with it.

Offline ndfan6466

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2020, 09:35:34 PM »
If I remember correctly, all 3 of my Holosun 503's are set to turn off at 10 minutes. I have propped all of them up and then set the oven timer to check them and sure enough, they have all shut off just as advertised. Just grabbing them to pick them up is enough for all of them to "wake up" to the last setting. As I said, my particular model is now discontinued and subsequently the ones I've found on Amazon have gone up considerably in price from what I paid for any of my others. But I'll still pick another one up.
I would have considered the Sig Romeo 5 due to all the favorable reviews, but I really like the 2MOA/65MOA reticle on a PCC. It doesn't hurt that I also have 2 different EOTech's on AR's with the same basic reticle, so I am comfortable with it.

Yeah after your post I looked them up and only found them Amazon and yes, at a pretty penny.  I do like the 2/65 MOA.

Good to hear yours worked as advertised. I guess there have been some bad batches, not sure how long ago, but they wouldn't wake up, finish would chip easily and battery compartment issues...

Offline Hammer Time

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2020, 09:51:31 PM »
So how reliable is the motion detection on either one?

I've read there has been some issue with them. True?

Not true in my experience. The MOTAC feature has worked 100% of the time. Same on my Romeo 1.

75 SP-01 Tac

75 D PCR

P-07 OD

Scorpion Evo 3 S1

Offline ndfan6466

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2020, 11:27:32 PM »
That's good to hear.

Does anyone here run the AAA battery version of the Romeo 5?

Offline ShakyDog

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2020, 10:45:12 AM »
I got one of the 3A versions. My problem with it is the height and the fact that it did not co-witness with the existing lower iron sights. They are great on ARs, just not my Scorp.

Steve

Offline ndfan6466

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2020, 10:46:20 AM »
I got one of the 3A versions. My problem with it is the height and the fact that it did not co-witness with the existing lower iron sights. They are great on ARs, just not my Scorp.

Steve

I was wondering that and was my concern about the 3A version.  Does it not even 1/3rd witness?

Offline TITAN308

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2020, 01:16:12 PM »
I use a Meprolight M21 with the REM module.

Offline Border Dave

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2020, 01:34:52 PM »
I use a Meprolight M21 with the REM module.
So do I, but not on the Scorpion.

Offline lorazepam

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2020, 05:39:04 PM »
I have astigmatism, so red dots suck for me. I have a vortex spitfire 1x on mine. It has an etched reticle, two rings and a dot. It has red or green illumination, but works if the battery dies. The reticle is easy to see using s flashlight at night for varmints. It is kind of bulky compared to the micro red dots, but I am not looking at a red comet when I try to aim. I don't know if they have discontinued the non AR model, that has a removable riser.

Offline ndfan6466

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2020, 05:42:01 PM »
I have astigmatism, so red dots suck for me. I have a vortex spitfire 1x on mine. It has an etched reticle, two rings and a dot. It has red or green illumination, but works if the battery dies. The reticle is easy to see using s flashlight at night for varmints. It is kind of bulky compared to the micro red dots, but I am not looking at a red comet when I try to aim. I don't know if they have discontinued the non AR model, that has a removable riser.

I run the same optic on my AR's and love it. Just felt it may be to much for the micro. Havent been able to check because iam still waiting for the mice to arrive

Offline lorazepam

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2020, 06:24:10 PM »
It is the only 1x I use. Lifetime warranty, and I live about an hour from them.

Offline ndfan6466

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2020, 06:49:54 PM »
It is the only 1x I use. Lifetime warranty, and I live about an hour from them.

Exactly!

Cool you live right near them. Be cool to see their main store..

Offline lorazepam

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2020, 06:58:10 PM »
They have classes on their indoor ranges. Check their website. I took a carbine class there, enjoyed it immensely.

Offline ndfan6466

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2020, 07:21:47 PM »
Anyone running a Razor AMG UH-1 by Vortex?

Offline AUG41

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2020, 08:32:26 PM »
I have used an MRO in an ADM low qd mount and an Aimpoint H-1 4 moa in an Midwest low qd mount. Since my Micro is a travel companion and go to gun I decided to choose between these 2. I have a Romeo 5 and a 503 in my fun plinkers but my go to guns always get higher quality optics. The R5 and 503 work as advertised and have not failed but they aren’t depended on as much either. The MRO is now on my Stribog and the H-1 is on my Micro. It fits in my TUMI overnight briefcase with a light and linked 20 rounders. It travels with me constantly and has held up to bouncing around in a truck for hours on end.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 08:51:15 PM by AUG41 »

anything