Author Topic: Sling “swivels”  (Read 814 times)

Offline 9245

Sling “swivels”
« on: March 07, 2020, 08:37:39 PM »
So I have a new Scorpion S1 “pistol” with the SB Tactical folding brace installed, but I’m struggling trying to find a sling that will fit.

The Scorpion of course lacks any kind of traditional swivel or QD mounts, i stead opting for those ring attachment points, the problem is I cannot find a sling to work with those and I’m not looking for the HK style hooks.  I have seen multiple pictures of people using split rings of some sort but I don’t know how big of a ring I need.  I tried a normal key ring and it worked, as long as I gently lowered the gun but when I tried to drop it like I would if I needed to transition, or just you know, dropped it, the ring stretched out and released the sling, dropping the scorpion on my toes.  Granted, that was a very cheap key ring, but a quick search of Amazon reveals many many sizes and strength to choose from, what works for you?

Alternatively, assume an S1 with a folding SB Tactical brace, a chambered round, and a full F5 industries 50 round drum magazine, as well as a holosun optic were dropped from shoulder height, and was arrested at around hip height, how many pounds of force must the ring hold?  (Scenario assumes a worse case scenario first round failure to fire with the heaviest possible magazine and load inserted, I guestimate around 13 pounds falling about 3 feet)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 10:26:51 PM by 9245, Reason: Typo »

Offline lorazepam

Re: Sling “swivels”
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2020, 09:13:30 PM »
I went to Walmart, and bought a heavy duty key ring in the automotive section. The plastic will fail before the ring. The forward metal mounting point is good to go. I attach my hk hook directly to it.

Offline jaysmooth24

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2020, 07:14:15 AM »
I have the SB tactical brace on mine and ordered the QD mounts from a company called Parker Mountain Machine and went with the Magpul MS4 Dual QD sling and its perfect for the Evo.

Offline Hammer Time

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2020, 09:12:09 AM »
On my Scorp I have QD adapter mounted to the M-Lok up front and a Blue Force Gear 'U-Loop' on the sling hole in the rear. The U-Loop is silent and doesn't scratch up the gun, unlike metal clips.

75 SP-01 Tac

75 D PCR

P-07 OD

Scorpion Evo 3 S1

Offline Canuck44

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2020, 02:36:25 PM »
On my Scorp I have QD adapter mounted to the M-Lok up front and a Blue Force Gear 'U-Loop' on the sling hole in the rear. The U-Loop is silent and doesn't scratch up the gun, unlike metal clips.

Exactly what I did using a Vickers Blue Force Sling. Works great.  There is a company that cells a magpul attachment for the rear loop attachment on the Evo.  It was a bit pricey toget it up here so I passed.  Google slingattachments and follow your nose to find it. I apologize for a bad memory.  If I find the name I will come back and post it here.

Take Care

Bob
Je Suis Charlie

Offline Trooper894

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2020, 03:07:32 PM »
I have the SB Tactical on both of my pistols. I added the midwest industries "Tactical Sling Adapter" to the side/rear of the Brace and that gave me a QD socket near the rear (just like my AR Carbines for greater control).

https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/product-p/mi-sbtsa.htm

Installed an M-lok mounted QD socket to the forend and then use a Vikings Tactics Upgraded Padded sling with 2 QD 1 in sling swivels.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bravo-Company-BCM-QDSSS-D-Black-Quick-Detach-D-Ring-Sling-Swivel-For-1-Slings/283083995263?epid=14019147839&hash=item41e91ef87f:g:TFYAAOSwvylbY707

http://www.vikingtactics.com/product-p/vtac-mk2-ug.htm

https://www.brownells.com/shooting-accessories/slings-sling-swivels/tactical-sling-mounts/m-lok-quick-detach-sling-mount-prod71785.aspx

I tried a single point sling but it just allowed the firearm to move around too much while moving. Prefer the better control I have over the firearm that I get with a QD 2 point adjustable length sling.

Offline Wawa Skittletits

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2020, 08:55:50 AM »
I have the SB tactical brace on mine and ordered the QD mounts from a company called Parker Mountain Machine and went with the Magpul MS4 Dual QD sling and its perfect for the Evo.

Went the same route. The only downside is that the rear QD mount blocks the ability to remove the stock.

Offline Thunderstick

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2020, 10:16:07 AM »

I just went the same route.   Waiting on delivery of the PMM QDs mounts now.

Offline Vee12

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2020, 05:52:24 PM »
The PMM swivel mounts are very nice...you will like them.

Offline 3guneric

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2020, 01:06:30 AM »

Offline Asylum9

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2020, 06:48:06 PM »
Strike will be releasing a evo specific qd swivel mount. It'll replace the front factory sling attachment mount. Unfortunately I don't know the release date. There's a photo of it here https://images.app.goo.gl/dBSCojyakLsSdoSz5
ApIII%

anything