Author Topic: Handguard leads?  (Read 667 times)

Offline Hartman23Foscari

Handguard leads?
« on: March 14, 2020, 02:09:48 AM »
Anyone have any in stock leads for Bren 2 handguards?

And yes I know I could post on marketplace to check there but sadly don't have the 25 posts yet

Offline Manticore_Arms

Re: Handguard leads?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2020, 03:00:15 PM »
HBI is currently the only company making forends fir the Bren 2 MS (no one is making forends for the 300 odd Bren 2’s that were imported)

If they are out of stock there arent any other sources I am aware of.

Offline Hartman23Foscari

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2020, 05:38:38 PM »
That sucks thanks tho. I wonder if I could have a wood Carver make a hg out of wood lol

Offline Doctor Castle

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2020, 10:02:29 AM »
My bren is pretty much just sitting there doing nothing because I've been waiting forever for HBI and Dan Haga to get their stuff back in stock. Are they not making any more of their products?

Offline rbuzz00

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2020, 10:34:58 AM »
My bren is pretty much just sitting there doing nothing because I've been waiting forever for HBI and Dan Haga to get their stuff back in stock. Are they not making any more of their products?

I can't speak for HBI, but I've heard nothing but good of them, but as far as Dan Haga goes, he runs a small operation and his parts are frequently out of stock. However, his products are of a very high quality and are worth waiting for.  He just sold out, again, of his Bren 2 ACR stock adapters.

The best thing to do with Dan Haga is to go to his website and put your name on the waiting list for whatever product you want to buy. It may take a while, but it's worth the wait.

Offline Magsz

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2020, 01:38:37 PM »

I can't speak for HBI, but I've heard nothing but good of them, but as far as Dan Haga goes, he runs a small operation and his parts are frequently out of stock. However, his products are of a very high quality and are worth waiting for.  He just sold out, again, of his Bren 2 ACR stock adapters.

The best thing to do with Dan Haga is to go to his website and put your name on the waiting list for whatever product you want to buy. It may take a while, but it's worth the wait.

What are you looking for?  Dan Haga just restocked his bren 2 adapters.  For a guy that runs a SMALL business, he has product in stock all the time so i'm not sure what you're talking about.  Generally speaking, he re-stocks every two to three weeks.

As far as HBI goes...they've been out of stock for a little bit now but I think they're probably revising a few things with their rails but that's based on pure speculation from an arfcom post I read regarding someone offering feedback regarding their handguards.  Having said all of this, its not like the gun cant be used in its stock format so I have no clue why you're sitting on it rather than enjoying it.

Offline rbuzz00

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2020, 07:26:50 PM »
Quote from Magsz...."What are you looking for?  Dan Haga just restocked his bren 2 adapters.  For a guy that runs a SMALL business, he has product in stock all the time so i'm not sure what you're talking about.  Generally speaking, he re-stocks every two to three weeks."

to Magsz.....I don't know what the OP is looking for. I don't have a problem with Dan Haga Designs, I was just pointing out that concerning the most popular items out there, such as Bren 2 related items, they sell out fast and are often out of stock and that the best way I've found, is to get on the waiting list.  I know I have been waiting for the ACR stock adapter since about the first of the year. I was notified that they were back in stock and just ordered one Friday so hopefully it should be arriving next week.
The Bren 2 ACR adapters were restocked Friday but also sold out the same day. That's a testament to the quality of Dan Haga's products and  tells me that there is a market for items like that. 

Offline Hartman23Foscari

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2020, 12:06:59 AM »
I'm sitting on mine because I have the parts to rifle it but as per counted for 922r I gotta wait to have the MD pin and welded until I have the proper count

What are you looking for?  Dan Haga just restocked his bren 2 adapters.  For a guy that runs a SMALL business, he has product in stock all the time so i'm not sure what you're talking about.  Generally speaking, he re-stocks every two to three weeks.

As far as HBI goes...they've been out of stock for a little bit now but I think they're probably revising a few things with their rails but that's based on pure speculation from an arfcom post I read regarding someone offering feedback regarding their handguards.  Having said all of this, its not like the gun cant be used in its stock format so I have no clue why you're sitting on it rather than enjoying it.

anything