Author Topic: New gun looking for bren2 info  (Read 1058 times)

Offline 556junkie

New gun looking for bren2 info
« on: March 15, 2020, 10:47:53 PM »
Hi everyone. I recently saw a Bren 2 and I’m considering purchasing it. I like the 11 7.62x39. I already have a couple 556 ar. I was interested in actually owners reviews. From what I’ve read people love them.

Offline Magsz

Re: New gun looking for bren2 info
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2020, 03:10:25 AM »
Zero complaints.

I have a 9 inch 7.62X39 gun.  I absolutely adore it and find it to be a real hoot to shoot.

I only have two real negatives for the actual gun.  Three gripes in total.

1.  The gun has no suppressor setting on the gas plug.  I wish it had one as "off" as a setting is entirely useless to me.

2.  The magazines are a little on the pricey side and are relatively hard to find.  I'm sure more are in the pipe but 30 dollars a mag kinda sucks.  Its not the end of the worth but I, like many others are spoiled by 12 dollar pmags.

My last gripe has to do with a lack of 922r parts and stocks.  I know they're coming but im impatient and I want it now. :P

Get the gun, you will enjoy it....alot.

Offline Aries144

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2020, 03:27:16 AM »
I've got one of the early import Bren2S' in 5.56 with the 14" barrel. I love it! It's smooth shooting and I find its mechanical design and design history very interesting.

I'll echo everything Magsz said. I feel the same way. I managed to find a flash hider/suppressor mount long enough to make my barrel 16" once I get it pinned and welded, but I'm waiting on CZ to import the folding military type stocks and 922r parts.

I hope to get one of the Bren 2MS in 7.62x39 this year.

I've found that accuracy is only adequate, nothing special. About 3 MOA with the ball ammo I've tried. Haven't tried any match ammo yet.

Offline Magsz

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2020, 03:38:47 PM »
I've got one of the early import Bren2S' in 5.56 with the 14" barrel. I love it! It's smooth shooting and I find its mechanical design and design history very interesting.

I'll echo everything Magsz said. I feel the same way. I managed to find a flash hider/suppressor mount long enough to make my barrel 16" once I get it pinned and welded, but I'm waiting on CZ to import the folding military type stocks and 922r parts.

I hope to get one of the Bren 2MS in 7.62x39 this year.

I've found that accuracy is only adequate, nothing special. About 3 MOA with the ball ammo I've tried. Haven't tried any match ammo yet.

I wouldn't be too upset about 3 MOA with ball ammo.  There are some others on other sites reporting very good accuracy.  Obviously, its getting kind of difficult to track metrics because everyone has different barrel lengths and even guns at this point, ie Bren 2 versus Bren 2 MS.

I haven't grouped my 7.62X39 gun yet beyond zeroing it at 50 yards.  I'm curious to see what it can do but im not set up to shoot groups as I lack the optics necessary.  Maybe i can borrow something from a buddy and see what I can do with this thing.  Granted, right now, trying to buy quality ammo to do that with is a farce.  Ill have to wait. lol.

Offline Aries144

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2020, 05:16:51 PM »
My preference would be 2 MOA with a high quality ball, sub $0.25PR reload, or mediocre match ammunition when cold, with a cold to hot barrel POI shift of less than 2 MOA and a hot barrel extreme spread of 4 MOA as well.  ;D

Sadly, I suspect that those preferences aren't achievable by most makers using cold hammer forging.  :(