Author Topic: Scorpion muzzle devices  (Read 900 times)

Offline Sendammo91

Scorpion muzzle devices
« on: March 16, 2020, 02:24:21 AM »
Hey guys what are yall using for after market muzzle brakes/comps..yes I realize theres not alot of recoil or climb to begin with but just looking for options. 
Thanks!

Offline Inspector 12

Re: Scorpion muzzle devices
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 11:08:11 PM »
I'm running a Noveske flaming pig on mine

Offline Cohenj87

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2020, 11:24:09 PM »
I have the VG6 Gamma on mine, looks cool but no noticable difference in recoil.

Offline ShakyDog

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2020, 10:55:48 AM »
Pretty sure, that heavy-ass bolt is going to be most of what felt recoil will be, so a muzzle device is really only going to be for looks and noise direction.

Steve

Offline motorolanut

• “Character is what you are in the dark.”
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2020, 07:28:38 PM »
Exactly....All show and no go.
Virtue has united, death shall not separate

Offline Cohenj87

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2020, 11:32:40 PM »
Exactly....All show and no go.
Pretty sure, that heavy-ass bolt is going to be most of what felt recoil will be, so a muzzle device is really only going to be for looks and noise direction.

Steve
Don't think the OP asked if they were effective for reducing recoil or anything like that, I think he asked what people are using. Pretty sure every scorpion I have ever seen that isn't suppressed has an all show and no go muzzle device.

Offline ShakyDog

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2020, 12:10:53 PM »
Yes, sorry. I guess my point was look for a comp with noise direction positioning to where you want it...

Steve

Offline Fyrtwuck

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2020, 12:28:31 PM »
Has anyone put the muzzle device from the Scorpion rifle on their Scorpion Pistol/SBR?

Offline motorolanut

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2020, 02:32:05 PM »
Yes, sorry. I guess my point was look for a comp with noise direction positioning to where you want it...

Steve

Are you looking to push it forward.  Like a flash can does?

Offline Canuck44

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2020, 05:46:14 PM »
I kept the brake that came with my carbine on.  Seems to work ok.  Not sure it does much but it can't hurt either.  The trigger on my carbine stock is about as bad as my stock CX4 Storm.  Why CZ goes to such great lengths to produce an outstanding carbine then saddles it with such a horrible trigger is beyond me.  Not sure what the cost would be to ship it out with a decent trigger.    I have ordered trigger springs and the flat faced trigger from HB.

Take Care

Bob
Je Suis Charlie

Offline MarkS20

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2020, 01:36:40 AM »
The trigger spring kite from MCARBO and HBI will bring the weight down to about 4.5 lbs.  Not bad for 30 minutes worth of work.

-- Mark

Offline motorolanut

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2020, 06:45:58 PM »
The trigger spring kite from MCARBO and HBI will bring the weight down to about 4.5 lbs.  Not bad for 30 minutes worth of work.

-- Mark

Agreed love my HBI spring kit.

Offline czscorpion

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2020, 08:25:55 PM »
Agree with the all show no good comment.   

I replaced the muzzle brake on the carbine with a A2 style flash hider from HB.  No more grit thrown back in my face while firing.  For me muzzle brake is worthless on the scorpion.  I'll probably try to sell it.

Offline Canuck44

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2020, 10:24:28 PM »

-- Mark

Thanks Mark.  I have ordered HD's kit and trigger.  Not sure why CZ would put out a Carbine with such a (insert off colour phrase of your choosing).  Even Ruger with their PCC did a better job.  Should be set up the way I want it by end of April.

Take Care

Bob
Je Suis Charlie

Offline Inspector 12

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2020, 02:19:06 PM »

Thanks Mark.  I have ordered HD's kit and trigger.  Not sure why CZ would put out a Carbine with such a (insert off colour phrase of your choosing).  Even Ruger with their PCC did a better job.  Should be set up the way I want it by end of April.
Take Care
Bob
[/quote]
The trigger in my carbine sucked. I sent the trigger pack to CZ Custom and had them install one of their scorpion triggers in it. The trigger pull was greatly improved and I really like the short reset. Oddly enough I also bought a very lightly used  Evo 3 S1 pistol too and the trigger in it wasn't bad from the factory. 

anything