Author Topic: Where can I find a decent CZ 82 or 83 (9x18) to buy?(  (Read 1633 times)

Offline mickeyfinn

Where can I find a decent CZ 82 or 83 (9x18) to buy?(
« on: March 20, 2020, 04:01:16 AM »
Hi,

I've searched all over the Internet looking for a VG condition CZ 82 or 83 in 9x18. And I've found a few. But I just can't see paying $400 - $500, and even more for one.

I've seen some real dogs for under $300, but they have had flaking finishes, gouges, scratches, broken grips, no mag(s) and so on.

I have a single rule for buying firearms. I won't pay a price for a gun that would make me feel stupid paying it. And I'd feel like an idiot paying $500 for a CZ 82/83.

I can't put up a "Want to Buy" post in the classifieds because I don't have the requisite 25 posts to do it. And I'm not going to waste a lot of bandwidth here posting a bunch of nonsense stuff to get to 25 posts.

Do any of you folks know a good source for a VG condition, reasonably priced CZ 82/83?
If so, please message me where to go so I can buy one.

Thanks,

Mickey
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 11:34:18 AM by Grendel »

Offline ILpaul

Re: Where can I find a decent CZ 82 or 83 (9x18) to buy?(
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2020, 11:09:15 AM »
CZ 83's currently aren't cheap and readily available - not sure on the 82's.
Depending on the caliber they can be pricey, with .32acp the highest.
Mine is European surplus, and nothing to write home about.
It was all I could find and $400. Refinishing, wood grips, [2] extra magazines and misc. added $350.
The holster and double magazine pouch added another $100.
You may easily be at the $500 mark.

Places to try:
https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Keywords=cz%2083
https://www.gunsamerica.com/

I'm having insertion issues for my photo use the below link.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/SRXGsVI" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/SRXGsVI"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Offline Rock-it3

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2020, 11:50:58 AM »
I picked up mine (CZ82 9mm MAK) at a gunshow. There is usually at least one vendor at every gunshow carrying surplus pistols. I paid $325 out-the-door. It was not pristine, it had holster wear, and scratches in the finish (no gouges in the metal) and worn grips, but it shoots like a dream. I had it professionally refinished and put new walnut grips on it. It has rapidly become a favorite at the range and on my hip.

Offline BeoBill

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2020, 04:19:30 PM »
These days with everyone and their idiot son desperate to buy anything that shoots I think you'll have to settle for whatever you can get. Gun stores and wholesalers are pretty well picked clean and sold out due to panic buying. Sorry...

Offline rupak

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2020, 11:23:15 AM »
What is the feedback on the CZ83? Is it a must-own for CZ fans? I have been tempted myself given the old-school attributes and that it is getting scarce to find.

Offline bonj

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2020, 05:53:36 PM »
Hi,

I've searched all over the Internet looking for a VG condition CZ 82 or 83 in 9x18. And I've found a few. But I just can't see paying $400 - $500, and even more for one.

I've seen some real dogs for under $300, but they have had flaking finishes, gouges, scratches, broken grips, no mag(s) and so on.

I have a single rule for buying firearms. I won't pay a price for a gun that would make me feel stupid paying it. And I'd feel like an idiot paying $500 for a CZ 82/83.

I can't put up a "Want to Buy" post in the classifieds because I don't have the requisite 25 posts to do it. And I'm not going to waste a lot of bandwidth here posting a bunch of nonsense stuff to get to 25 posts.

Do any of you folks know a good source for a VG condition, reasonably priced CZ 82/83?
If so, please message me where to go so I can buy one.

Thanks,

Mickey

Put a WTB add on armslist.com in your local. I sold my CZ 83 .32 acp on it, but then regretted selling it and ended up buying another one on this site with a WTB add. Alot of people looking at that site don't even know about this site.

anything