Author Topic: Possible trade can you help with value?  (Read 331 times)

Offline mtnrider

Possible trade can you help with value?
« on: March 24, 2020, 10:28:24 AM »
I might have the opportunity to trade my SCAR 16 for a Bren 2ms 8" 556 and was looking for thoughts on what you think a fair value you be? Both firearms are low round count, Scar has PMM mlok rails and grip, gg&g charging handle, and KDG QD sling adapter. The bren has a tailhook mod 2 and a holosun 512c.

I can put together that Bren for ~$2100 new right now. Scar's are all over the place but the cheapest I found one in stock was $2899. Way over priced but just trying to compare. I don't expect to value my scar at that but there is a gap between the 2.

So what would be a good trade? Would having him add $200-300 on his end seem fair? I'm sure he will want a 1 for 1 but I don't think that would be fair to me.

Thanks.

Offline Manticore_Arms

Re: Possible trade can you help with value?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 08:07:15 PM »
I would trade the SCAR with accessories for the Bren + accessories + $800-$1000.

Scars are hard to find Brens are easier to find and $1000 less when you find them from what I have seen.

Offline mtnrider

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 10:14:02 AM »
I would trade the SCAR with accessories for the Bren + accessories + $800-$1000.

Scars are hard to find Brens are easier to find and $1000 less when you find them from what I have seen.

Appreciate the feedback. Looks like the deal is going to fall through. The owner of the Bren apparently feels his gun is worth a lot more and my SCAR is worth a lot less Lol. Pretty typical

Offline Hartman23Foscari

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2020, 09:07:00 PM »

Appreciate the feedback. Looks like the deal is going to fall through. The owner of the Bren apparently feels his gun is worth a lot more and my SCAR is worth a lot less Lol. Pretty typical

to be honest I would only do an 8" in 7.62x39 never go below 11" in 556 as itll be tumbling more likely.

anything