Author Topic: Looking at a CZ 75 B to go with my other steel guns  (Read 2059 times)

Offline Birdy

Looking at a CZ 75 B to go with my other steel guns
« on: March 25, 2020, 11:46:51 AM »
Just started looking at a CZ 75 B. I like "Old" guns, I mean Steel guns nothing against Poly guns I have a couple BUT Steel is real. I would like a little input on the decocker, I don't plan to carry this pistol, have a Sig p365 for that, so would the decocker be a big deal? The CZ will takes it's place next to my 1911A1 and Hi-Power. Look forward to learning from you guys

Offline canthelpit

Re: Looking at a CZ 75 B to go with my other steel guns
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 12:10:11 PM »
With a 1911 and a Hi-Power already, it sounds as though you like SA only pistols.  CZ made an SA only model which, if you can find one, might fit the bill.  If you can't, a SA/DA 75 can be converted easily.   With an aftermarket trigger with pretravel adjustment, they can be very nice to shoot.

If you don't have a need for a decocker, there's no reason to buy one.  The safety only models
are a little simpler mechanically and easier to work on.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 04:55:10 PM »
Carry or not, two pistols with thumb safeties and then you buy one with a decocker.

You may find yourself fumbling when you go back and forth between them.  Different lever in a different place that operates differently.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

bonj

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 05:19:17 PM »
You need to buy the CZ75B Omega Convertible # 91136.
A very accurate, affordable and ergonomic pistol, which already has the preferred flatter trigger that won't be needing a $150 Cajun trigger replacement to prevent the noticeable trigger bite issues on the standard, more curved triggers.
I have no idea why anyone would want a DA when one can manually perform a DA mode faster than using a lever and still have the added extra feature of a Safety. I personally prefer a safety in a ready to fire mode.

Offline Birdy

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 05:30:19 PM »
DA or DA/SA doesn't really matter to me. I ended up with all SA because that is what is available. As far as the Omega goes any down sides?

Offline bang bang

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2020, 06:47:38 PM »
to me, buy what you want.  Its like asking for black on black sights or white on black sights. 

If you have any gun rental ranges in your area, see if you can rent any CZ.  Or if you have any gun shops/shows in your area, look at handing one.  See what each has on its own merits and how it fits your needs/wants.

I think they are now offering the swappable, decocker/saftey version.  Again, to me, its not a big deal in your case.

Just keep in mind that many times, once you get 1 CZ, they have a tenancy to multiply.

Offline Birdy

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2020, 08:21:17 PM »
"once you get 1 CZ, they have a tenancy to multiply."

Sounds like Hi Powers...or 1911s or any other good gun.

When I can go out, we're on lock down because of the Corona until 4/6 I'll run over to Columbus OHio and check out the big store there that carries CZ. 

Offline terry mc

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2020, 08:41:53 PM »
So the benefit of sticking with the SA's are they tend to be a little nicer in the trigger as you do away with the disconnect.
And if you do or have done a trigger job then can be made to be OUTSTANDING in the trigger department.

If it a range gun only then I would definitely consider an SA or convert a standard one to SA. The decocker is never going to be as nice in the trigger department, good for a decocker but nothing compared to what you are used to.

If you can get one the Shadows do away with the firing pin block and this makes it even nicer.
So it depends on what you are looking for, and since you say it is not going to be a carry I say go for the best trigger you can get.
Terry Mc
Gloss Blue CZ-97BE-SAO

CZ Scorpion CZ Custom Trigger Pack, Streamlight TLR-1HL Primary Arms MD-ADS

CZ75 Shadow 9mm SAO

Offline bang bang

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2020, 11:50:57 PM »
"once you get 1 CZ, they have a tenancy to multiply."

Sounds like Hi Powers...or 1911s or any other good gun.

When I can go out, we're on lock down because of the Corona until 4/6 I'll run over to Columbus OHio and check out the big store there that carries CZ.

depending on your definition of "good", you may find there are many toys that fit that definition.

have fun.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2020, 05:25:38 AM »
Make some calls and see who's still selling. I'm in N.E. Ohio and the range I shoot at is closed but they are a volume dealer and they are still selling guns by appointment only at this time.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2020, 07:26:40 AM »
 The people who recommend the Omega series are greatly outnumbered by people that prefer the original design. There's a reason for that.

Offline Birdy

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2020, 10:38:01 AM »
When I can go out, we're on lock down because of the Corona until 4/6 I'll run over to Columbus Ohio and check out the big store there that carries CZ.
Make some calls and see who's still selling. I'm in N.E. Ohio and the range I shoot at is closed but they are a volume dealer and they are still selling guns by appointment only at this time.

I'm in Springfield, just north of Dayton. We are all bottled up here as well, the only CZs I have seen around here are used and way overpriced, a 75B for $775.00? I can wait to buy the gun a little while. I've learned to wait  I have a Fusion Reaction on order and have been waiting about three months for it, you want custom you got pay for it and time is the bill. My Hi Power took years to find in the condition and price I wanted.

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2020, 10:11:37 PM »
If you don't have problems with hammer/slide bite, get the modern take of the original CZ75B.  All steel, no decocker, so cocked and locked like your others.  You can manually decock for DA first shot but there is no rule that you have to!  Consider the Stainless versions for more of an upswept beavertail and well, because they are stainless...and ave ambidextrous safety.  I think those that like the Omegas like this same upswept beavertail.  Then there is the SP01 also available with safety...

Offline Birdy

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2020, 02:56:54 PM »
After reading everything I could I got to see and handle both the 75B and the Omega. I think I will order the 75B, it just seemed to "Speak" to me. When it will get here who knows, I've been waiting on my 1911 for close to 3 months, but it's a semi-custom so I knew it'd be a long wait.

Offline david s

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2020, 04:36:37 PM »
The CZ 75B seems to fit right in with the 1911 and P35.

anything