Author Topic: double action break  (Read 1065 times)

Offline Mick-S

double action break
« on: March 26, 2020, 09:32:27 PM »
The SA on my compact shadow breaks considerably sooner than the double action leaving a lot of over travel after the SA break. I have replaced the sear with CGW adjustable sear and added the RRK and replaced the hammer with CZ Customs ghost hammer.

The only thing I need to do now is get the SA break and DA break closer together.

Correct me if I’m wrong but I understand that I need to remove a couple thousands off the disconnector wing so the DA breaks sooner.  What I don’t know is what part of the wing needs the material removed. Anyone have a picture that you can point to the area on the disconnector wing that needs fitted?

Offline Tok36

Re: double action break
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 11:19:09 PM »
Edit3: to cross stuff out now that i am no longer confused. Please see post #2 if you wish to avoid confusion.
The front face of the disconector wings. Let me find a pic. I have not had the opportunity to do this modification myself so i can not tell you what to look out for or what side effects may arise. I am also unclear what you are trying to accomplish. What dose moving the SA and DA break closer together achieve? I may just be missing something.

Edit:   The lower area that is pointed out in this image. Note: This picture was originally produced for trouble shooting a failure to reset. The area that is fitted to regain a DA reset is the same area that would be modified to change the DA break point.Edit2: I am not 100% on the underlined statement, i am thinking that altering the face of the disco wings may just reduce the DA reach and reduce the overall DA stroke. Maybe another forum member more clear on the subject will chime in.

Here is a reference picture for how the disconector and the trigger bar interface during the Double Action pull.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 07:24:41 AM by Tok36, Reason: To fix mistakes, big ones! »
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline Tok36

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2020, 07:18:39 AM »
   Sorry about the confusion OP. I managed to misinterpret your goal and then i mixed up the disco surfaces. After puzzling on it for a while i think i figured it out. Your question was a good one that dose not come up often from what i have seen. I have not thought about adjusting the DA break point for quite some time. The following should make sense....hopefully.  :D

So you want to move the Double Action break forward, in the direction of the muzzle. I assume that you are doing this so that you can adjust the triggers over-travel set scerw out further but the late DA break was stopping you form doing so. This should be achievable by removing material from the underside of the disco wings.

Reference picture.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 04:49:16 PM by Tok36 »

Offline Mick-S

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2020, 04:39:28 PM »
   Sorry about the confusion OP. I managed to misinterpret your goal and then i mixed up the disco surfaces. After puzzling on it for a while i think i figured it out. Your question was a good one that dose not come up often from what i have seen. I have not though about adjusting the DA break point for quite some time. The following should make sense....hopefully.  :D

So you want to move the Double Action break forward, in the direction of the muzzle. I assume that you are doing this so that you can adjust the triggers over-travel set scerw out further but the late DA break was stopping you form doing so. This should be achievable by removing material from the underside of the disco wings.

Yes, That is exactly what I'm doing. Thanks for the help.

I had it in my head that the front face of the wing needed fitting.

Online Gunnerdad80

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2020, 11:47:08 PM »
Great information guys, thanks. Pictures are a must in helping me understand procedures.

Offline Mick-S

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2020, 11:32:54 AM »
Success!!!
I got the DA break moved forward enough that I can set the over travel set screw so that when the SA overtravel was gone I only had to back the set screw off another quarter turn to get the DA to break reliably. That's close enough I'll never be able to tell the difference.

Thanks for the help Tok!
Mick

Offline Tok36

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2020, 02:39:08 PM »
Nice work, i am glad to hear of your success. Thank you for the follow up, we all learn from this stuff.

May your CZ run flawlessly.

anything