Author Topic: A couple of questions on Bren 2 ergos  (Read 318 times)

Offline MeatAxe

A couple of questions on Bren 2 ergos
« on: March 28, 2020, 02:04:52 AM »
Was handling one 11" bbl. and I think they're great from what I see. Couple of ergonomics questions:

1. Does the pistol come in the box with the grip inserts to modify the grip contour? I'm not loving the front of the pistol grip, kind of boxy like the stock plastic VZ58 grip. Could be the next size up would help. Do the 805 grip inserts work on the Bren 2?

2. Safety position - while this is worlds ahead of an AK or Vz58 for a right hander, on FIRE, the right side safety lever jabs me in the knuckle of my trigger finger. Can the lever be removed and turned around the other direction so it doesn't jab me in the knuckle?

Thanks!

Offline stater61

Re: A couple of questions on Bren 2 ergos
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 06:29:16 PM »
I’m not going to be much help but I can answer a couple things.

1. No the pistol does not come with extra grip inserts. I don’t believe there are any in the states yet but        I could be wrong. I don’t know if the 805 inserts will work or not.

2. I don’t know about turning the safety lever forward, next time I have mine apart maybe I’ll check it out (I’m not close to it now). I have the same problem on a 1911 so I don’t like ambi safeties on those. The Bren doesn’t seem to be a problem for me though. I have ordered the HBI safeties but can’t get to them right now. If nothing else you could cut or file the lever short or off so there is just a circle there to hold it on if it needs it.

Offline Aries144

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2020, 07:44:35 PM »
I can't add much over what stater wrote, other than to suggest hooking your trigger finger around the safety when it's down. The trigger reach is short enough that I don't find that to be a problem.

Offline MeatAxe

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2020, 03:11:11 AM »
Thanks guys! That HBI stuff for the Bren 2 all looks very interesting! Hope CZ USA gets on the stick soon and starts stocking all the OEM parts and magazines. Would like to see a conversion kit to 6.5 Grendel.

anything