Author Topic: Ok, this one is going to throw you right off  (Read 2222 times)

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
Ok, this one is going to throw you right off
« on: April 03, 2020, 04:22:48 AM »
I did a video, BUT I did it for a buddy's website, so the opening/closing are NOT related to CZ Forum...which is jarring for many. However, it worked as a trial on some editing techniques and the PROPER use of the Zoom microphone. :) So, let me know what you think.

Offline Tok36

Re: Ok, this one is going to throw you right off
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2020, 06:04:54 PM »
I skipped the intro and outtro so that i did not get jarred. I am easily jarred.  :D

I am unclear on the asset of a zoom microphone but the audio dialog was clear.

Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline Mercs

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2020, 11:30:04 PM »
I don’t know anything about the zoom microphone, but the audio was very clear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Europe

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2020, 03:35:32 AM »
I would argue with the author's opinion on P10S being the only CC pistol he would carry. As a P10C owner I would say- it beats the glock 19 in all dimensions. With P10S (and in my view it refers also to RAMI), the frame is just to bulky for a CC pistol. Yeah, I know: "you can carry even a 1911 with a proper holster". Apart from this, I thin that glock 43x or Walther PPS is inherently a better choice. It's just slimmer.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2020, 04:04:38 AM »
I never said that is the ONLY CC pistol I would carry - my P-10C gets a lot of work too. ;) The P-10S and the RAMI are not the same frame size/shape, as my wife owns one and I have had one, not the same, can't fire the RAMI easily without the 14 round mag installed. I also stated in the video about frame sizes blurring the line between sub compact and compact. As for "can carry a 1911", my CCW pistol USED to be a CZ Sp-10 Phantom, in a High Noon Down Under with straps holster. Yes, it IS true - with the right holster and belt it is possible to easily conceal a full size rig, but why should I have to if I want to go smaller?
I have never fired a Walther PPS. I have fired a Glock 43X - didn't like it, and it did not shoot well for me. I will state that while I qualify Expert or Distinguished Expert with the Glock almost every year, I can't stand Glock ergonomics, they just "don't fit". I also wouldn't get Glocks in on this website, which is CZ based. ;)
If you disagree, that's perfectly fine - there is such a wide variety of sidearms out there that there is something out there that fits everyone.
Oh, and Europe? In regards to you thinking I wouldn't carry the P-10C? You might want to watch the video and see while I am shooting, there is a P-10C holstered on me during the whole thing. :D Go to 3:17 for a beautiful shot of it in my High Noon Stingray holster.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 04:11:07 AM by armoredman »

Offline Europe

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2020, 06:43:36 AM »
It did not make sense from a forum point of view to write that I agree with 90% of what to you said ;D.
Carrying a pistol on a daily basis is a nightmare even with a suitable holster. A CC pistol should be portable and easy to conceal. P10S is maybe close to this requirement, but frankly speaking I would choose a single stack. There are so many variables in the equation "effective self defense with a handgun" that statistically speaking it does not make much sense to carry one. But I live in the EU where you can rather get stabbed by a guy of [political correctness on] origin than shot.

Offline SoCal

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2020, 09:14:28 AM »
"OLD MAN", your just a kid talk to me after you pass 70 (if I'm still around). LOL

Anyway, nice review and the audio was very clear (even without my hearing aids!)
If I had known how much better being retired is than working I would have done it FIRST.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2020, 03:28:59 PM »
"Carrying a pistol on a daily basis is a nightmare even with a suitable holster."
Well it sure beats a rape whistle. I wholeheartedly disagree with this, it's not difficult at all. I carry owb most days and barely even notice it. When I do notice it, I find it comforting.

Offline Joe L

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2020, 05:35:03 PM »
Excellent!!  I even liked the intro and the outro.  And the Zoom with the lav mic.   

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2020, 06:24:58 PM »
I've been lawfully carrying a sidearm daily for 36 years, never had any real nightmare over it, full size, compact, subcompact, auto, wheelgun, heck, even managed to conceal carry a rifle once, just to see if it could be done. THAT was a pain...but it worked. :D
I've said it before, will say it again, the beauty that is diversity is awesome in that there is a sidearm out there for everyone. Even when I was CC'ing a Walther P-38 30 years ago... :o ;D

Offline Europe

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2020, 04:45:18 AM »
I would probably carry if I were a US resident.

However, on the other side of Atlantic you don't have to carry. Ok, if you take pride in carrying a weapon, it's up to you. But from a public safety perspective it's just over-hedging.

Offline Tok36

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2020, 04:00:52 PM »
Europe, it is just silly to post a bunch of random graphs into this thread. If you wish to debate the topic that you seam to wish to debate i advise you to make a separate thread on the topic. This is just bad form in my opinion.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2020, 04:06:31 PM »
Excellent Video!  I'm going to have to look into getting a P10S sometime.

I've said it before, will say it again, the beauty that is diversity is awesome in that there is a sidearm out there for everyone. Even when I was CC'ing a Walther P-38 30 years ago... :o ;D

So true and I also used to carry an old WWII P-38.  I still have that old Pistol plus two Post War early 1960's made P-38's that still occasionally make it to the Range.
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2020, 10:25:09 PM »
Europe, please look at starting a thread in the Right To Keep And Bear Arms section, this is for discussions of the provided video.

Online Gunnerdad80

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2020, 11:06:33 PM »
I was able to watch the video but no sound. I checked everything on my end and still no sound.