Author Topic: cgw pro package questions.  (Read 6035 times)

Offline Hobbiest

cgw pro package questions.
« on: April 04, 2020, 02:05:28 PM »
Basically installed the pro package on the sp01 minus the hammer and sear as I was told that was mostly lowers the single action and Im fine with where it is. So far the trigger reach reduction was a plus. hated the stock trigger and the reach. The reduced reset is better. My single action is close to 4# which is fine for me at moment. The single action reset is very distinct audibly and feel wise. Not sure if that changes with a new hammer.

My disappointment is in the DA. Its better but still 9#. My stock beretta elite ltt is noticeable better trigger all the way around but mostly noticeably in the DA. Will the hammer make much difference? Should I get the 11.5# spring? Thanks for the help.

Im trying to use this in uspsa and HD

Offline anonymouscuban

Re: cgw pro package questions.
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 07:12:26 PM »
11.5# main spring is going to make the biggest difference in reducing the DA weight. Should bring it down to around 6 pounds.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Offline Hobbiest

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2020, 07:38:37 PM »
Thanks. Will give CGW a call on monday. Id be happy anywhere around 7 #. I thought 9# was little much. I forgot I did drop a 10.00 lighter spring in the ltt but man is it smooth even before. Got to say thats my biggest disappointment in the sp01 so far is how much work you have to do to get a decent trigger. However slow shooting it is my most accurate gun in SA so in the long run I think it will be worth it.

Offline em44052

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2020, 10:00:52 AM »
@hobbiest, the hammer and sear along with a lighter trigger will make a world of difference. I have the Beretta 92 LTT and know what you are saying about the smooth DA, but with the full Pro Package from CGW and proper polishing, your CZ will blow it out of the water. Not sure if you already did this, but with the lighter hammer spring, you will need the extended firing pin also.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 10:48:30 AM by em44052 »

Offline ericsl2

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2020, 11:44:56 PM »
I mailed my cz in to cgw to have the pro package installed..after shooting other czs with diy installs, mine feels much nicer.  I'm pretty sure cgw did more than just install parts so even with the long wait it might be worth just sending it in.

Offline em44052

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2020, 08:19:04 AM »
I mailed my cz in to cgw to have the pro package installed..after shooting other czs with diy installs, mine feels much nicer.  I'm pretty sure cgw did more than just install parts so even with the long wait it might be worth just sending it in.

ERICSL2, you are correct, they also polish the parts and internals to get the results you got. They are definitely a top notch company.

Offline Gagepapa

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2020, 11:04:34 AM »
Unbelievable the difference in my CGW gun vs factory

Offline Arko

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2020, 08:22:06 AM »
But there are many fine tutorials here, from the people who do the polishing there, that are available to everyone and with a small expenditure for tools and supplies you too van achieve a very high level of functionality in your CZ, if you're the do it yourself type who craves self satisfaction. I've been shooting for over 42 years and as far as seriously improving the functionality of a semiautomatic handgun I've never seen a bigger improvement, done by me, than I have in my P01 with the help of CGW parts and the information available here. I ran over 700 124gr reloads through mine a few weekends ago and had zero issues. I cajunized that pistol before ever firing it stock.

Offline em44052

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2020, 09:54:33 AM »
But there are many fine tutorials here, from the people who do the polishing there, that are available to everyone and with a small expenditure for tools and supplies you too van achieve a very high level of functionality in your CZ, if you're the do it yourself type who craves self satisfaction. I've been shooting for over 42 years and as far as seriously improving the functionality of a semiautomatic handgun I've never seen a bigger improvement, done by me, than I have in my P01 with the help of CGW parts and the information available here. I ran over 700 124gr reloads through mine a few weekends ago and had zero issues. I cajunized that pistol before ever firing it stock.

Arko, I agree 100%. The satisfaction of doing it yourself is hard to beat. There is some frustration that can go along with it, but I like the learning process, and  love the results. ;D

Offline dwhite

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2020, 04:23:46 PM »
I too just ordered my parts today and I'm looking forward to my first Cajunization!!!!

The sear cage scares me a little; but as others have mentioned there appears to be many excellent tutorials available.

Thanks all!

Offline mkd

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2020, 05:57:27 PM »
dwhite! did my first CGW mod,s 8 yrs ago on my P-01 and the decocker cage was a bear! Do the kit in segments! trigger group, hammer, springs. polishing etc. when you had enough ,take a break and when your mind is up to it again be it hours or days later get back after it. label all your old parts as original and put them in the little bags that has the corresponding CGW parts . I just got a pro pkg for an sp-01 manual safety and i will be doing the mods after the 22nd when i pick the gun up! i have a 110 dremel with felt wheels, and i also chuck q tips in the dremel and use metal polish with them. I have 1000,2000,3,000 wet or dry sandpaper and also have 3,000 and 5,000 grit polishing cloth foam backed that i will be using . looking foreward to a project that keeps me busy !lot's of good inf0 here in the gunsmithing and CGW sections as well as utube videos. good luck with your project!

Offline dwhite

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2020, 06:55:58 PM »
Thanks mkd. Those are some excellent suggestions. In my mind, I'm thinking about a week to complete the entire project. But it will take what it takes.

No need to rush it; EXCEPT that it means I won't be EDCing my P01 for a while. Also, after the mods, the P01 will also have to proof reliable at the range before I carry it.

Offline mkd

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2020, 05:54:32 AM »
dwhite! my p-01 has a stock firing pin with light trigger return spring, 13 lb hammer spring, stock guide rod spring, and a three spring light firing spring kit. polished the feed ramp and internals!  very reliable ! i have read that lighter than 13 lb hammer spring and you want to add an extended firing pin.  primers cups are made from different material, some are softer than others. the harder ones need more force to ignite reliably. seating depth of primers can make a difference as well!

Offline dwhite

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2020, 01:12:29 PM »
Thanks again mkd. My P01 already has the CGW Ultra-Lite Kit installed with the extended FP, FP Spring, retaining pin and I'm using the blue 13# hammer spring. It's completely reliable.

I'm getting ready to install the remaining components of the Pro Package to get the full Cajunized effect. The parts are scheduled to arrive Friday. So guess what I'll be doing over the Memorial Day weekend!!!

Offline mkd

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2020, 12:14:36 PM »
all done but polishing the feed ramp! will do Monday when i get the dremel back out

anything