Author Topic: Stock sights  (Read 1509 times)

Offline slowmover

Stock sights
« on: May 12, 2020, 05:52:09 PM »
I'm trying to figure out what the point is with the tiny green dots on the sights that came with my Rami.They're not good for quick acquisition. They don't glow in the dark and actually disappear.White dots would have been an improvement.What are good replacements and how difficult is installation?

Offline Jim E

Re: Stock sights
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2020, 12:00:52 AM »
If you are talking about the safety model Rami, the green dots are glow in the dark paint. When exposed to light they "charge up" and glow for a short time.
You can re-fill the dots with another type and/or color of choice. Not too many choices for sights on these models. Big dot sights are one and there are two night sights, Trijicon and Mepro Sights. Most people don't seem to care much for the Mepros.
Rear sight is pretty easy to replace. Front sight is a challenge to get out (it was at least for me).
I tried the Trijicons from CZ and they were better than the stock sight but ended up milling for an RDS.

Offline slowmover

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2020, 10:29:24 AM »
Thanks I believe I will paint them .

Offline Dr.Juice

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2020, 07:13:35 PM »
Yeah, they work but I can't stand them. I put the Dawson Precision night sights on mine and never looked back.

Offline NascarGuy

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2020, 09:30:01 AM »
Yeah, they work but I can't stand them. I put the Dawson Precision night sights on mine and never looked back.

Do you have a part#?