Author Topic: This forum needs some excitement.  (Read 8407 times)

Offline anonymouscuban

Re: This forum needs some excitement.
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2020, 01:01:54 AM »
Excitement or exhaustion! LOL Running this drill a couple weeks back. 4 IPSC targets at 10 yards. 2 shots per position. Reload on way back to position 1. Did this drill 10 times and was toast!

So what was your HF running the drill?  We can turn this into a competition with video evidence!  Haven't tried the drill before but I bet it is exhausting!

Do you run it both way's?  How far apart do you space the targets?

Cheers,
Toby
I don't remember what my HF was but I can run the drill again next Thursday and post it up. Wish I would have read your post this morning. I would have run it today. I did work on movement today but a different drill.

The distance between positions was roughly 5 paces so about 4 yards. Next time I do it, I will measure things out so anyone that wants play can setup the drill the same way. I did run it the opposite direction as well. I've also done where you move down and up range rather than lateral. You can do it with one target down range or 4 target alternating to the left and right as you move down range.

The drill is fun but tiring.

Today, I setup a 3 target array. Open target at 10 yards and another 5 yards. Then a steel target at 12 yards. Unfortunately my phone battery died and the only thing worth sharing was this first run shooting transitions after shooting some groups on the head box at 20 yards.

Today was a mess. My timer battery died too and I didn't have a spare. After running a couple mags on this transition drill, I shot this same array but incorporating movement. Start on one side... Draw, fire on 1st target, shoot the middle target while moving across, and then finish on the 3rd target.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 01:14:48 AM by anonymouscuban »

Offline Blackwatch

« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2020, 09:21:59 AM »
I don't know if it qualifies as excitement just confirming the sights before a ground squirrel outing. The only excitement was the 4-12X scope on the 223 Lux started giving me groups plural. Three distinct groups to be exact. It's now wearing a 4-12X Redfield and needs to be re-sighted, yeah.                                                                                                                                           

Nice bunch of bolt actions!

Offline Blackwatch

« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2020, 09:39:55 AM »
EDC

You must live somewhere that doesn't require a face mask!  :)  Seriously though, got me thinking about additional EDC items. Thanks for sharing.

Offline anonymouscuban

« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2020, 11:46:23 AM »
EDC

You must have a lot of pockets and wear a belt to hold your pants up! LOL

Offline Hammer Time

« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2020, 12:33:09 PM »
You must have a lot of pockets and wear a belt to hold your pants up! LOL

Ha - it actually all fits pretty easily into just a few pockets. But I do believe that wearing a sturdy belt is essential.  ;)

Offline anonymouscuban

« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2020, 03:08:56 PM »
EDC

What's the ring-thingy in the upper right?

Offline Hammer Time

« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2020, 03:20:04 PM »

It's a pocket magnifying glass.

Offline Tok36

« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2020, 05:28:24 PM »

It's a pocket magnifying glass.

I was sure it was a wedding ring sheath.  ;D
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline Hammer Time

« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2020, 05:37:39 PM »
I was sure it was a wedding ring sheath.  ;D

Offline Blackwatch

« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2020, 05:38:32 PM »
Colt 6920 and EoTech 512 (no magnification) at 50 yards using Fed XM193...was a good day for me!

Offline Laufer

• Retired from air transport business.
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2020, 11:53:49 PM »

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/72/f1/8f/72f18f35fcbd58fcef0dc0003109fd12.jpg

>>>> The thread title says "excitement", does it not? <<<<  :)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 11:59:16 PM by Laufer »

Offline Rmach

« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2020, 09:22:06 AM »

Offline david s

« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2020, 06:07:48 PM »
Another days low impact excitement at the range. Just confirming some sights for the next outing and sighting a couple.             Varmint weight AR.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Little CZ 223 Carbine it runs with the bull barrels.                                                                                                                                                                                                              One of those inaccurate Ruger 77/22 hornets.                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Same CZ Lux From last week only now wearing a Redfield 4-12X instead of the Leupold 4-12X that gave up the ghost last week.                                                                                                                                    And a new AR that provided the only real excitement today. Bought it, cleaned it, lubed it (but not the bore) and mounted the scope. Took it to the range and fired one round of Hornady/Frontier 55 grain HP Match at a backwards target at 25 yards and .got a surprise.                                                                                                                                                                           

Offline david s

« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2020, 06:18:35 PM »
The new AR's target, notice anything odd? It sure got my attention. So I walk out to the 25 yard line cursing all the way. It's not actually a sideways bullet the target just tore that way. Why, not a clue. Still not a very accurate rifle. Tried it with some more 55 grain Hornady/Frontier rounds as well as some 50 grain Hornady V Max reloads and some Hornady/Frontier 75 grain BTHP Match but no joy. But at least all the rest of the bullet holes were round.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Offline Laufer

• Retired from air transport business.
« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2020, 01:12:30 AM »
Rmach:
 in Remark 55,  that delicious brunette appears to be holding an AK-74, and even though her rifle and camouflage appear to be modern Russian, she's probably a model for the manufacturer.

No luck inserting her image. Maybe that's not the best choice of words--------- 8)

anything