Author Topic: CA model numbers starting with “0”  (Read 699 times)

Offline wiggin’out

CA model numbers starting with “0”
« on: May 23, 2020, 05:44:40 PM »
Hi folks. I’m a CA resident and fairly new to the handgun world (Though I grew up shooting rifles on the ranch in TX). I’m hoping you good folks may be able to clarify something for me. I own a GLock 23 and I’m ready to get my next handgun  - a CZ! I got to hold a 75 P-01 and it just felt great in my hand, and it seems to be highly regarded.

Here’s the issue: the CA DOJ approved CZ 75 P-01 is Model: CZ 75 P-01 01199, however everywhere online the model number starts with 9, so 91199. I figured out the “0” on the CA model refers to mag size (10+1). Otherwise the guns are identical. The question is, can I purchase online a 91199 and have it shipped without the 14+1 mag, and would that make the gun CA compliant? Or is CA so strict that the model number must match exactly? Thank you for your patience with this newby. Cheers.

Offline Jim E

Re: CA model numbers starting with “0”
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 06:45:43 PM »
Why not just go to your local gun dealer and buy it there? If they don't have one in stock the dealer can order one if it is an approved on roster firearm. Either way it has to go through an FFL dealer.

Online Stuart

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 07:17:48 PM »
Depends on the dealer. Some will accept 91199 with 10rnd mags, others want the 01199.

Offline wiggin’out

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 11:53:04 AM »
Why not just go to your local gun dealer and buy it there? If they don't have one in stock the dealer can order one if it is an approved on roster firearm. Either way it has to go through an FFL dealer.

Everyone in LA is completely sold out and snot knowing when they’ll get new stock of the better handguns, CZ’s included. Thanks for your reply.

Offline wiggin’out

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2020, 11:54:25 AM »
Depends on the dealer. Some will accept 91199 with 10rnd mags, others want the 01199.

Makes sense. I was a hoping I could get a definitive “legal” explanation. I appreciate the answer.