Author Topic: Czsp01 with cajun gun works vs shadow 2  (Read 280 times)

Offline Chef1515

Czsp01 with cajun gun works vs shadow 2
« on: May 22, 2020, 07:18:48 AM »
I bought an sp01 tactical and was thinking of sending it to cajun gun works for a pro package upgrade. Im curious if it will shoot as well as a shadow 2 after ?

My other option would be returning my walther ppq match if i dont like it and buying a shadow 2.

I want a home defense gun And a range gun so its either
Cajunized sp01 and walther or
Sp01 and shadow 2.

All opinions are welcomed. Thank you.

Offline jnichols2

Re: Czsp01 with cajun gun works vs shadow 2
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 08:12:37 AM »
Any of the three guns could make an excellent range gun.
For home defense, look at a P-07, Glock 19, FN 509, etc.

Offline Rmach

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 11:02:48 AM »
All I will say is that a factory stock handgun will retain more of its value when you want sell it than a non-factory modified handgun. 
CZ Shadow 2 Orange, S2 urban gray, S2 black and blue, 3 polished stainless 75b's and a black 75b all with MCARBO kits and front Dawson FO.

Offline BarkingAnt

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2020, 07:07:31 PM »
I only have experience with one Cajunized SP-01 tactical and one Shadow 2, none with the Walther. To me the SP01 has a crisper trigger than the Shadow in single action but the DA pull is smoother on the Shadow. The Shadow is factory. Both are more accurate than I can consistently shoot. Other than that, to me six of one half dozen of the other.

The SP01 fits my hand better but both are great, just the SP01 a little better.

Offline Chef1515

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2020, 07:37:25 PM »
I only have experience with one Cajunized SP-01 tactical and one Shadow 2, none with the Walther. To me the SP01 has a crisper trigger than the Shadow in single action but the DA pull is smoother on the Shadow. The Shadow is factory. Both are more accurate than I can consistently shoot. Other than that, to me six of one half dozen of the other.

The SP01 fits my hand better but both are great, just the SP01 a little better.

This is exactly what i wanted to hear. Im going to cajunize my tactical and roll with the walther for home defense. Might also pick up a p09 for home. Thank you.

Offline Stafford

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2020, 10:32:18 PM »
I have an SP-01 that has had the Villain package from CJ Maven. It has a slightly lighter trigger than my Shadow 2 with a 13lb hammer spring.

I think that shooting freestyle with two hands, the Shadow 2 is still a better shooter due to weight, sight radius and I prefer the flatter trigger curve of the Shadow 2. However, I think that I might be able to shoot the SP-01 better when I have to shoot one handed in competition due to the feel and the lighter weight and shorter barrel. It is just a bit easier to control with one hand.

Of course, if I have trigger work on the Shadow 2, it will exceed the trigger weight of the SP-01. My SP-01 also now has target sights with a fiber optic front post and G10 grips. These add ons and trigger work really make it shine.

Offline ITSSOCZ

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2020, 12:51:00 PM »
All I will say is that a factory stock handgun will retain more of its value when you want sell it than a non-factory modified handgun.

While I agree you will not likely get what you put into the gun back, it seems many guns have been sold here that are priced higher (and I assumed sold for higher) than stock due to upgrades (regardless of who installed them).  All of the upgrades I have installed (or had installed) from CGW or CZC involved parts that were equal or, in most cases, higher quality than the originals.  If you're selling to someone who is familiar with the CZ brand and options, I believe in most cases, they will recognize the added value. 

Just my two cents.  I'm curious to hear your rationale. 

Offline Rmach

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2020, 02:58:21 PM »
In general, a factory stock handgun in great condition will fetch ~80% of it's original value (not MRSP), and  a modified handgun might only recover 50% of the extra mod. cost, minus 80% of the guns original value. That's been my experience with several sales and watching other sales.  I'm not including collectables.
CZ Shadow 2 Orange, S2 urban gray, S2 black and blue, 3 polished stainless 75b's and a black 75b all with MCARBO kits and front Dawson FO.

anything