Author Topic: LPA sights for CZ75 Pre B  (Read 258 times)

Offline nuclear armed hog

LPA sights for CZ75 Pre B
« on: May 22, 2020, 02:49:46 PM »
Anyone here have any experience using these or installing these? They look like they sit quite high, and i dont know if the front sight can even be staked. I just my set in today and am unsure about them.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
Re: LPA sights for CZ75 Pre B
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 03:43:18 PM »
This is what the rear sight will look like installed.  Or at least the LPA Pre B CZ75 sight package I bought several years ago.

The front sight on the pistol was for a 1911, not a CZ Pre B.  The front sight that came with the rear sight (as part of the set) had a skinny/long tenon on the bottom and the slide had a nice round hole for the original front sight.  I elected not to use the LPA front sights as there was no way to stake something in place when the hole was 3 times as wide at the tenon.  And the LPA front sight tenon was longer than the round hole is wide, too.  I'm not sure if the wrong front sight was in the package or CZ changed the hole in the slide on the Pre B's at some point.

That front sight installed is for a 1911 and the square tenon had to be filed round to fit, but it was a pretty good/snug fit after rounding off the corners.  It is quite a bit taller than the original Pre B front sight, too, but I never measured either one. 

I guess I was lucky as it sighted in at 12 yds. with just a few clicks of the elevation screw.
I stopped carrying the SIG 556R.  SIG changed models and couple/three times and stopped supporting it with parts.  So, I stopped supporting SIG.  Back to the tried/true AR15 Carbine.

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 03:13:58 AM »
yeah thats what I noticed too about the front sight. It looks like they just threw in a 1911 front sight and called it good since they assume it would stake on the same somehow.. Kind of bullbleep tbh. I figured it wouldnt work but i thought I'd try...

I'm seeing if maybe CZUB would do a production run for pre b parts so hopefully theres some sort of hope there. Hopefully they dont want a high volume order to do so.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2020, 07:49:08 AM »
Not sure how CZ staked on (tools/methods) the front sight. 

It is different.

The 1911 allows removal of the barrel bushing and the recoil spring plug.  That means the tenon is shorter and staked into the slide only.  And with the front of the slide opened up there is much more room to get in there and "stake that tenon."

The CZ75 front sight tenon is longer and staked into the barrel bushing, not the slide.  Also, the front of the slide where the end of the recoil spring seats is closed so that leaves a much smaller access "port" to get in there and stake the tenon.

Of course, CZ had the proper tools and understood how to do it.  My Pre B CZ85's front sight was beat up pretty bad.  Took some knocks over the years, but it was still there.
I stopped carrying the SIG 556R.  SIG changed models and couple/three times and stopped supporting it with parts.  So, I stopped supporting SIG.  Back to the tried/true AR15 Carbine.

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2020, 01:17:55 PM »

Of course, CZ had the proper tools and understood how to do it.  My Pre B CZ85's front sight was beat up pretty bad.  Took some knocks over the years, but it was still there.

I emailed CZUB but i cant get any substantial or specific response out of them

I'm aware how the sight is staked, seems like it needs specific tools and parts that just arent around anymore.

Online DanMore

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2020, 04:36:48 PM »
I had my gunsmith install a LPA TRT sight on my Pre B. Also cut a dovetail for the front sight.

The rear sight is set low in the slide, since putting a regular LPA on, just looks crap, sorry. It just dosn?t look like it should be there.

Now this is fully custom built. We just used the body of the TRT and built a higher sight blade, aswell as a customo built front sight.
It works a dream and has a cristal clear sight picture