Author Topic: This video is interesting comparing the Shadow 2 trigger to the SA S2 trigger.  (Read 851 times)

Offline Rmach

Offline ballistic64

Holding pretty high on the Shadow 2 trigger.

Offline coolbox

DA of 5 lbs means a lighter main spring. I m not sure if it is from factory on Shadow 2, but on my SP01 Shadows, and other CZs, DA has been at least over 7 lbs, mostly over 8 lbs from factory. SA over 3.5 lbs.
If a lighter main spring was installed on the DA/SA shadow2 in the video, the SA wd reduce by 3 to 4 oz as well. Additionally, in my experience with multiple SP01 Shadows, new or less used CZs have SA break in region of 3.5 to 4.5 lbs, which settles down to about 2.5 to 3 lbs after about 3000 rounds or so.

It seems that the SAO Shadow2 in the video is less used, has factory springs, and as mentioned in above post, the trigger was tested from a higher reference point on the trigger shoe.
Life is too short to waste on a bad trigger pull

Offline czfanatic_

Too many variables going on in his test.  Trigger gauges are finicky as heck anyways. 

Throw a CGW pro kit package in the SAO and call it a day. 

Speaking from experience. 

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Offline falar

I agree with what the others have said.  I've had 9 Shadow 1s and 2s pass through my hands now.

All of them are over 9lbs DA out of the box.

Every Shadow 2 I've had was around 3.25lb SA (except one that was just over 3 1/2) and I put 12lb springs in them which gets the SA down a few ounces and the DA down to the 5 1/2 to 6 range.

That is definitely not a stock Shadow 2, definitely had a spring upgrade.

anything