Author Topic: Cleaning New CZ 2075 D RAMI - New to Hand Guns  (Read 3105 times)

Offline nCqfNcvbzaTa

Cleaning New CZ 2075 D RAMI - New to Hand Guns
« on: June 10, 2020, 12:37:49 PM »
How should I clean a new CZ 2075 D RAMI?
Should I soak it in Mineral oil or Hoppes #9 over night?
If so how would I get out the oil or Hoppes out after soaking?
New to Guns/CZ 2075 D RAMI Owner.
Thanks, J

Offline JBear1

Re: Cleaning New CZ 2075 D RAMI - New to Hand Guns
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2020, 01:43:23 PM »
First off, welcome!  Great choice for a firearm, you've got taste.  When I have a new pistol I start off by field stripping and applying Hoppe's #9 Gun bore cleaner/solvent to all surfaces with a soft bristle brush. I let it sit for about 10 min and then go over everything with Break Free CLP (Clean, Lubricate, Protect).  After that, I'll put a little Hoppe's oil on the slide rails, takedown lever/slide stop. 

Mrgunsngear does specific field stripping and cleaning videos, here's the CZ 75 variant video: 

Everyone's got their method, so I'll be curious to see the responses! P.S. I don't own a RAMI, just P-07 and PCR.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 01:47:40 PM by JBear1 »

Offline jurek

• NRA Pistol Instructor, RSO
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2020, 02:50:02 AM »
There are few methods to prepare new handgun for first shooting.
Some people do nothing and just shoot, some do field strip others soak whole firearm.

All is personal preference.

I'm picky guy, talking about firearms. These are the tools I'm using for protection, so 100% of functionality is a must.
All my new handguns are soaked in 90% isopropyl for 1 hr, so any factory lubrication is gone.
Then I field strip them and wait 10 - 15 min until alcohol evaporates.
Compressed air helps to dry everything out.
Next step is proper lubrication.

With hammered fired handguns, like RAMI, it's recommend to take grip panels off and wipe them down with oil and lube the hammer spring a little.

Next cleaning as shown on video.

Offline MeatAxe

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2020, 08:52:46 PM »
You see this topic come up nearly every time somebody buys a new Rami (or any other CZ, no doubt), assumes it comes from the factory "clean," takes it out to the range and has jamming issues.

All CZs come from the factory (usually literally dripping) with packing grease / cosmoline. This is a preservative, not a lubricant. I prefer to field strip and submerge all the METAL parts in a bucket of good ol' Hoppes #9 for several hours or overnight to dissolve and clean out all the grease from all the nooks and crannies inside and outside (all wood or plastic parts, grips, etc. are removed prior to submersion). Also, keep all tritium / night sights above the surface of the solvent. Hoppes is good because, as well as easily dissolving the grease, it helps lubricate and prevent corrosion.

Then blow dry and lubricate with your favorite gun oil.

Offline Stafford

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2020, 12:42:23 PM »
For those using mineral oil. Do you submerge the entire slide and frame fully assembled into the oil? Or do you do a detail strip first?

Offline mecenas

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2020, 11:38:17 AM »
I am a bit overwhelmed by the extend of cleaning a brand new gun expressed by some forum colleagues above.
I have had five CZ pistols over the past two years. Four were purchased brand new, one was used.
Three (2 RAMI, one P10C) were bought in the USA, one (CZ P10S) in Poland. One P10S Optics Ready was bought used.
None of these new guns required more than a regular cleaning with an all purpose gun cleaner/lubricant, and a thin layer of Ramoil. That is it. A trip to the range did not expose any failures that could be attributed to the state of the grease/lubricant.
So why this extensive, overnight soaking and cleaning ?

Offline jurek

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2020, 11:44:58 AM »
Just peace of mind.
I personally do not like factory grease/oil/lube (whatever it is). Additionally taking the firearm apart before using it makes me comfortable. I have to trust these tools.
(however overnight soaking is a little too much)

Offline mecenas

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2020, 10:09:22 AM »
Just peace of mind.
I personally do not like factory grease/oil/lube (whatever it is). Additionally taking the firearm apart before using it makes me comfortable. I have to trust these tools.
(however overnight soaking is a little too much)
[/Iquote]

I agree with trusting statement, however, if you get the new pistol, with a target in the box - would it not mean that the gun works ? It was test fired at the factory ?In my line of work, I visited fifteen gun factories - and, without fail, all of them test fired their firearms before packaging them. Personally, to be sure my EDC gun works if needed, , after shooting it with 50 rounds or more, I clean it at the range, then I load ten cartridges and fire it at the range again,only then put it in my EDC holster. Now I know it works. If you take it home and clean it then load it and carry it - how do you know that you put everything together correctly, that your firing pin is not stuck in the channel, or something else happened ?

Offline jurek

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2020, 11:24:26 AM »
I agree with trusting statement, however, if you get the new pistol, with a target in the box - would it not mean that the gun works ? It was test fired at the factory ?In my line of work, I visited fifteen gun factories - and, without fail, all of them test fired their firearms before packaging them. Personally, to be sure my EDC gun works if needed, , after shooting it with 50 rounds or more, I clean it at the range, then I load ten cartridges and fire it at the range again,only then put it in my EDC holster. Now I know it works. If you take it home and clean it then load it and carry it - how do you know that you put everything together correctly, that your firing pin is not stuck in the channel, or something else happened ?

As I told - peace of mind.
I do not check ballpens, pencils, TVs, radios...etc - I don't care it they have any imperfections...
My handgun = my life. Perhaps 99.99% are OK... but what if yours is this 0.01% that fails? I don't take the risk.
If I take the pistol apart and put it back together I'm sure nothing gonna happen... unless I'm unlucky fellow... but in such case I wouldn't be able to put it back together.
Let me ask this: do you check your car before taking long 2,000 miles trip? I do. The same applies to new firearms.

My motto is: safety first. Do not trust anything unless you check it by yourself.

Offline mecenas

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2020, 10:51:48 AM »
"My motto is: safety first. Do not trust anything unless you check it by yourself."

exactly, that is why I fire my EDC gun after cleaning.
If you change a refill in your retractable pen, do you try it first to see if it retracts and extends ?

That was my point.

Offline jurek

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2020, 01:39:47 PM »
If you change a refill in your retractable pen, do you try it first to see if it retracts and extends ?
NO. I do not refill them  ;)

anything