Author Topic: Sar B6P  (Read 3993 times)

Offline kabic

Sar B6P
« on: June 11, 2020, 05:41:44 PM »
Is the EAA version of the B6P different than the Tristar B6P?

The magazines lool different on pictures and reviews and im trying to figure out why.

Offline kabic

Re: Sar B6P
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2020, 05:55:57 PM »
I think my issue is the compact also just has B6P on slide so when different websites say B6P sometimes they are talking about compact and sometimes the full size.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 06:28:54 PM by kabic »

Offline win308

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2020, 10:33:51 PM »
The compact SAR is often referred to as the B6Pc.....or, just B6c.  The longer mags fit the compact gun but hang down about an inch or so.  I've owned both but prefer the full size version over the compact.  Also Tanfoglio small frame slides / top ends from polymer guns interchange with the B6P full size slide.  The Tanfoglio small frame .22 conversion kit also fits the B6P.  A lot of gun for the money.  The SAR triggers always need a little work to get the most out of the gun.

Offline kabic

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2020, 05:49:46 PM »
Won an auction for a full size so expect to have that in my hands in a week or so.

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2020, 01:16:13 PM »
Won an auction for a full size so expect to have that in my hands in a week or so.

Congratulations!  :)

I've really been very happy with mine!  Very Accurate and Reliable.

EAA imported SAR B6P with Hogue Handall Grip and Mec-Gar 19 round Cz75B Magazine
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline kabic

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2020, 08:42:42 PM »
Picked up my new to me, B6P.  It is a EAA import, safety was not stiff as i thought it would be.

Stopped before it got dark and fired 5 rounds.  Very nice, im happy with the purchase.

The mecgar 17 round magazine i have takes some extra force to lock in.  That is probably old news to most of you.

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2020, 09:33:35 PM »
Picked up my new to me, B6P.  It is a EAA import, safety was not stiff as i thought it would be.

Stopped before it got dark and fired 5 rounds.  Very nice, im happy with the purchase.

Excellent!  8)  :)

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline wdbutcher

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2020, 10:16:33 PM »
Congratulations! A friend of mine bought one when they were selling for around $250. Nice size, weight, and good capacity. Nice pistol.

Offline Metal Wonder Nine Guy

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2020, 11:57:16 PM »
One of the range salesman at a nearby range ended up buying one when he was short on cash. He really like the gun as it's the closest thing he has to a CZ-75 right now.

Offline kabic

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2020, 04:40:57 PM »
I pretty sure this is normal for a tilting barrel design, but how mush wiggle/slop should the barrel have with the slide locked open?

Compared to my RAMI the B6P seems to have a lot more.  Could be the longer barrel just magnifys the movement.

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2020, 05:10:53 PM »
Not sure how you go about measuring that.  There should be just enough clearance for the Barrel to move only a bit freely.
Just checked all three of my SAR Pistols and none of them are what I would call sloppy fitting with only a little motion possible, with the Slide Locked back.

What's really really important is the Barrel Lockup to the Slide with the Slide in Battery Position.

Offline kabic

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2020, 05:36:49 PM »
Not sure how you go about measuring that.  There should be just enough clearance for the Barrel to move only a bit freely.
Just checked all three of my SAR Pistols and none of them are what I would call sloppy fitting with only a little motion possible, with the Slide Locked back.

What's really really important is the Barrel Lockup to the Slide with the Slide in Battery Position.

Took a short  video of mine

Offline kabic

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2020, 09:08:35 PM »
I put 150ish rounds through the B6P this weekend.  Seems loke a very accurate pistol.  Every once im a while i get a stove pipe when ejecting, but i am almost positive that is an issue with my grip.

Offline poor aim

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2020, 09:08:50 PM »
I have one, but has ejection issues. I haven't tried the wolff springs for the extractor yet. It is an accurate firearm and the SA trigger pull is nice. I also have an EAA witness Tanfoglio. It does not feed HST very well. Both frustrate me, but I will continue to work with them

Offline Gunnerdad80

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2020, 11:19:28 PM »
I have one, but has ejection issues. I haven't tried the wolff springs for the extractor yet. It is an accurate firearm and the SA trigger pull is nice. I also have an EAA witness Tanfoglio. It does not feed HST very well. Both frustrate me, but I will continue to work with them

I have several EAA Witness pistols and those hungry little fellas have eaten everything I’ve fed them.

anything