Author Topic: Pre Mature Slide Lock Back CZ P10S  (Read 836 times)

Offline Jwmeador

Pre Mature Slide Lock Back CZ P10S
« on: June 14, 2020, 11:01:16 PM »
I having issues with my P10S locking back in the middle of the magazine during fire with rounds still left in magazine.  I have shot it left handed and had another shooter confirm it as well.  It happens about once in every 50-100 rounds.  The spring does not appear to be any weaker than my other handguns.  CZ customer service had no real ideas and was little help.  Has anyone else had this issue?  Any thoughts from anyone on how to fix this?

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

Re: Pre Mature Slide Lock Back CZ P10S
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2020, 04:56:34 AM »
I doubt you're being honest here about CZ Customer service. They would certainly have an idea of what may be the cause and if the gun is under warranty they will bring it in on their dime and inspect it.

Offline Atomic Punk

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2020, 04:59:57 PM »
Is your thumb touching the slide release? 

Offline Jwmeador

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2020, 08:41:41 AM »
I doubt you're being honest here about CZ Customer service. They would certainly have an idea of what may be the cause and if the gun is under warranty they will bring it in on their dime and inspect it.

Unfortunately, Not only am I being honest about their customer service they were over the top awful.  I just didn't see a point to pointlessly bash CZ customer service when it was not the topic.  PM me if you want a dialog of the phone call, but it was so bad I honestly thought someone could be playing a joke on me.  I emailed them about the phone call. They apologized and said they were going to send a new slide lock spring.  This was about 3 weeks ago and no slide stop spring yet. 

Offline Jwmeador

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2020, 08:44:45 AM »
Is your thumb touching the slide release?
I am absolutely 100% sure.  This malfunction has been confirmed with different shooters, left handed firing and thumbs out grip. 

Offline atilla17

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2020, 03:21:31 AM »
Check to see if the slide stop spring is in its correct position on the left ledge of the slide stop bar