Author Topic: Shipping to CGW out of CA  (Read 2455 times)

Offline Tactical Panda

Shipping to CGW out of CA
« on: August 02, 2020, 12:05:27 PM »
Hi there,

Has anyone shipped to CGW out of California?

Just bought a Shadow 2 that I would like to send in for the In-Shop CZ Shadow 2 Upgrade Kit, but I’m not exactly how or if they will give me instructions?

I’m hoping someone on here has had experience with that.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Tok36

Re: Shipping to CGW out of CA
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2020, 06:50:15 PM »
   You can ship to CGW directly or through a Federal Firearms License holder (Gun shop or private FFL). If you ship to them directly they can ship back to your door. If you go through an FFL you will need to pick up the pistol from the FFL once they have received the pistol.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline Tactical Panda

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2020, 06:56:32 PM »
   You can ship to CGW directly or through a Federal Firearms License holder (Gun shop or private FFL). If you ship to them directly they can ship back to your door. If you go through an FFL you will need to pick up the pistol from the FFL once they have received the pistol.
Hmm...I’ll see if I can find an FFL that’s open around me. The only one I could find that was open was about an hour and a half away. Being in deep blue Cali definitely has its disadvantages.

Offline Tok36

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2020, 08:10:19 PM »
   I would contact CGW. I believe that they will send you some info. You need to get on their waiting list to start the process. Then when your turn comes up they will contact you and you can ship the pistol in.

Offline Tactical Panda

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2020, 09:33:16 PM »
   I would contact CGW. I believe that they will send you some info. You need to get on their waiting list to start the process. Then when your turn comes up they will contact you and you can ship the pistol in.
Yeah, I’m on the waitlist, I’m just trying to be ready for whenever I do get the call. I appreciate your feedback!

Offline anonymouscuban

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2020, 10:37:23 AM »
Hmm...I’ll see if I can find an FFL that’s open around me. The only one I could find that was open was about an hour and a half away. Being in deep blue Cali definitely has its disadvantages.

You can ship it direct to them via FedEx. There is no advantage in shipping it from an FFL. Just a bunch of hassle and the FFL will likely charge you some processing fee.

Stick it in a box, declare the value and insure it. Ship it. If they ask you what you're shipping just say a tool. You own the gun legally and it's not restricted to ship. It's not hazmat. I just wouldn't advice telling the guy at the FedEx counter it's a gun to avoid a bunch of hassle based on their ignorance of the law and FedEx policy.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Offline Boris_LA

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2020, 01:23:09 PM »
I have shipped gun for repair directly via FedEx. I think expedited shipping (overnight or second day) was required. Received it back also via FedEx, but I had to pick it up in the FedEx location with signature. No home delivery.

Offline bang bang

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2020, 05:53:45 PM »
I have shipped gun for repair directly via FedEx. I think expedited shipping (overnight or second day) was required. Received it back also via FedEx, but I had to pick it up in the FedEx location with signature. No home delivery.

this is/was normally true for the most part before some states became restrictive. 

Since i dont live in California, i dont know about the laws, but the OP should find out from the horses mouth.  since the LEO wont care who siad what on CZ or any gun board.

im sure the OP could contact the office that is in control of the legal gun list and if not, they maybe able to direct them to the correct person/departement.

Offline Tactical Panda

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2020, 05:55:23 PM »

this is/was normally true for the most part before some states became restrictive. 

Since i dont live in California, i dont know about the laws, but the OP should find out from the horses mouth.  since the LEO wont care who siad what on CZ or any gun board.

im sure the OP could contact the office that is in control of the legal gun list and if not, they maybe able to direct them to the correct person/departement.
Yeah, it sounds like I’ll have to call around here (CA) since laws around here are kind of intense to say the least. I was just wondering if anyone on here had experience while living in CA.

Offline Tok36

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2020, 07:29:46 PM »
   I used Fed Ex the last time i shipped a pistol to CGW, but that was years ago now. I did not make known the contest of the package.

Offline sierra11b

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2020, 08:46:55 AM »
I’ve followed Cajuns shipping instructions to the letter twice and had no problems. I live in California. Both guns have been shipped to Cajun in the last twelve months.

I’ve shipped weapons pre-cajun to other smiths/manufacturers in the past and the person behind the counter would often panic if I declared it as such, thereby refusing and forcing me to do directly to the local UPS/FedEx hub ::)

There was one exception where I declared a weapon to the owner of a packaging store, a gentlemen originally (and proudly) from a red state, who took the package no problem.

So I have no idea who did the right thing!

Offline batman4706

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2020, 11:29:54 AM »
Go to the FEDEX website and set up an account. You'll get about 15% off the shipping. You can make  up your own shipment and print the label and drop it off at any FEDEX place like Walgreens or Office Depot. When you o your shipment online it doesn't ask what it is.

Offline Pulicords

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2020, 01:33:18 PM »
I lived in CA (moved to AZ a couple of years ago now) and shipped guns to CGW via FedEx.  As others have said; it's legal, safe, and efficient.  Why go through an FFL if it's unnecessary, cumbersome and just adds expense?

Offline Tactical Panda

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2020, 01:36:00 PM »
Go to the FEDEX website and set up an account. You'll get about 15% off the shipping. You can make  up your own shipment and print the label and drop it off at any FEDEX place like Walgreens or Office Depot. When you o your shipment online it doesn't ask what it is.

I lived in CA (moved to AZ a couple of years ago now) and shipped guns to CGW via FedEx.  As others have said; it's legal, safe, and efficient.  Why go through an FFL if it's unnecessary, cumbersome and just adds expense?

In think this will be my plan whenever I get “The Call.” I’m still waiting...

Offline Tactical Panda

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2020, 10:24:44 PM »
Finally got to send her off today!

Turns out the shipping out of CA is pretty easy. Here are CGW’s instructions for anyone interested, but of course always wait on direct instructions from them just in case this changes:

HOW TO SHIP A FIREARM

• Never write “handgun”, “pistol”, “firearm”, etc. on the outside of the package. According to BATF, this greatly increases the likelihood of shipper theft.
• A private party can legally ship a firearm to a manufacturer or a gunsmith and it can subsequently be returned back to the owner. You DO NOT have to use an FFL unless you choose to do so.
• Use your original CZ plastic case if available. If not, use a sturdy cardboard box and generously pack as needed.
• Fed-Ex is preferred; however UPS is a good second alternative. A private owner CANNOT ship using the United States Postal Service (USPS). Any packages sent to CGW from a private party individual using USPS with a firearm enclosed shall be refused.
• Ship your firearm on a 2 day standard air service, DO NOT USE FEDEX or UPS GROUND SERVICE; insure it for $500.00 or less. As a private party shipper, DO NOT declare a firearm, indicate “machined parts” (which is accurate) if asked. Shippers are looking for hazardous materials when they inquire; they are not looking for firearms. NO ONE in the firearms industry ships overnight, Fed-Ex and UPS only penalize the private party shipper like you! Please note turn-around time is 9 -12 weeks for complete firearms projects.
• DO NOT send any mags, loose parts, manuals, cleaning rods etc., if these get lost, we will not replace them. No exceptions
• DO NOT ship us a dirty firearm, clean as you normally would, or there will be a $60.00 “cleaning” fee, plus the cost of the project.

I left out other details to make sure you get instructions directly from them haha

anything