Author Topic: CZ52 Racking issue  (Read 2281 times)

Offline marknir

CZ52 Racking issue
« on: July 07, 2020, 12:25:40 AM »
Hi All

I’m a new member and new to the CZ52, I’m hoping someone can figure out what I’ve done wrong!

After stripping and cleaning out the remaining cosmoline the slide will only pull back about 1/4 inch. Everything seem to function ok when the slide is off but seems more difficult to fit although it’s never been particularly easy.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help

Offline skucera

Re: CZ52 Racking issue
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2020, 12:28:45 AM »
Can you attach a photo of your slide when its removed from the frame, but with the barrel, cam, and main spring still fitted in it?  I might be able to spot something wrong from the photo.

Scott

Offline Sean32817

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2020, 01:37:41 AM »
The CZ 52 isn't like modern pistols where you can pull the slide back with two fingers on your off hand like it was nothing as they have very heavy recoil springs - you have to grab and really pull it back hard.

Mine tends to lock up a bit after I've stripped it too though - just get a good grip on it and work the slide back and forth a few times to fully set it and you should be fine - don't be embarrassed to use a cleaning rag or old towel to get a proper grip,

Offline rdcinhou

• Coat of Arms for Uherský Brod
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2020, 09:43:10 AM »
With my CZ 52 I at first had problems with the slide-open catch "spring" not staying in place.

A little "finesse" with fine needle nose pliers solved the problem.

I agree that the heavy recoil mechanism make it take a bit more effort to "rack" than most other CZs.
CZ24/27/38/40P/45/52, Vzor 50/70,75BΩ,75D Compact,P01/07/09,P10M/S/C/F(9mm,.45), Phantom,SP01 Tactical,Shadow 2 (Blue,Urban Gray), 82/83/85 PreB, 97BE,97BD,97BDE,100,1911A1, 2075D RAMI,452 American,550 Urban Counter Sniper,805 Bren S1,Drake G2,Duo,Z,vz24 8mm Mauser,FK 7.5 BRNO Field Pistol, PSD

Offline marknir

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2020, 09:27:03 PM »
Hi Guys
Thanks for all the advice. Here is a photo of the slide off, I still can’t see anything wrong with it and I’m guessing it is just the nature of the beast, so to speak.
I recently bought a Type 54 Norinko which is much more user friendly but not as cool lol
I still need a supplier for a firing pin if anyone has any suggestions?
Thanks and have a great Christmas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline skucera

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2021, 09:41:44 PM »
Sorry for not noticing this post for, what, three weeks?  I guess I've been paying more attention to the plastic pistol forum than this one, probably because I just bought a P-10C before Christmas.

I don't see anything obviously wrong with the picture of the slide.  So, is the slide still hanging up at ¼" of travel like it was last summer?  Can you pull the barrel out of the slide, or is it binding at the same point?

Oh, you mention you had your firing pin out.  Is that true?  It may be that you reassembled the firing pin block facing the wrong side.  Maybe you can check that.

Scott

Offline marknir

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2021, 07:22:11 PM »
Hi Scott
Thanks for the reply, I did manage to get it apart and it seems to function as it should albeit quite tight.
I haven’t shot it yet as the new firing pin and rollers never arrived from Harrington’s.
I did get my money refunded but have not yet sourced the parts, any suggestions?

Thank

Mark

Offline skucera

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2021, 02:24:30 PM »
Mark, I haven't bought anything from Numrich, but you could try them:  https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-manufacturer/cz/auto-pistols-cz/52-pistol

Google might turn up other sellers with parts here and there. 

Good luck,
Scott

Offline marknir

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2021, 09:41:28 PM »
Hi Scott

Thanks for the info. They have them in stock and I’ll let you know how they do when I order one!

Thanks again

Mark

anything