Author Topic: Flashlight remote switch mounting on your Bren 2  (Read 1167 times)

Offline ektil

Flashlight remote switch mounting on your Bren 2
« on: July 17, 2020, 07:47:23 PM »
Hi all,

I recently installed a streamlight 88066 on my HB industries hand guard (side note, I just finished installing the HB industries trigger, safety switch, and charging handle as well and highly recommend everything this company makes). Anyhow, I’m wondering how and where to mount to remote tap switch for the stream light on my Bren 2. The switch has double sided tape, mounting anchors and also cable ties. I’m not sure what method and location would be ideal. Any suggestions from this community and maybe picture of your mounted remote switch? Thanks.

Offline TurboDang

Re: Flashlight remote switch mounting on your Bren 2
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2020, 06:32:14 PM »
I mounted the Olight ODIN on the right side of the of the HBI direct light mount hand guard. I mounted the remote pad just aft of the forward sight with the direction of the cable towards the rear of the pistol.  The way it's mounted, n I didn't even need the included zip ties.

I got my OSS suppressor out of ATF jail yesterday, looks awesome on the 8.25" Bren 2 with a Matador Arms Sidewinder folding stock adapter and a SB Tactical brace and a Sig Romeo optic

Offline dr_bund

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2020, 12:10:14 PM »
I typically mount on the 12 o clock position (top rail) with just the picatinny rubber inserts that come with the streamlight tape switches. Theyve held on perfectly on my ARs for years. For added security you could buy a cloud defensive LCS but those run $40-60

Offline Tsar

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2020, 12:59:13 AM »
Assuming you got the direct mount (the two holes and not a single a m-lok slot), you could mount the switch on the direct mount holes opposite the side of the light.

Bolt down with one screw and secure the other half with the double sided tape. That way the bolt is holding it tight and the tape just stops it from wiggling.

Personally, when I picked up a 10.8in handguard, I got the mlok version and a unity fusion mlok mount. Works the same as the direct mount and I put a unity fast button on the other side. Works perfectly.

anything