Author Topic: 40B Grips  (Read 4618 times)

Offline tneimeyer

40B Grips
« on: November 01, 2019, 09:54:10 PM »
Has anybody purchased a set of 40B grips from GRIPS4u.net?  I wanted a set from Hakan but I don't think he makes them anymore, it shows he has not been active on the forum since 2018.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 08:28:22 AM by tneimeyer »

Offline eastman

Re: 40B Grips
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2019, 10:58:16 PM »
Yes

My 40B came with very slick polished wood grips, so I switched them out for a set of checkered walnut from Grips4U. IIRC, it took 5-10 minutes to adjust them for perfect fit. They are much better at keeping the pistol from moving. I am pleased with them. Will probably get a set of their 75B grips for another pistol.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline Sams1

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2020, 08:30:33 PM »

Yes - I recently purchase wood, checkered CZ 40B from GRIPS4u.net.

The grip are of very high quality, very comfortable and dress-up my CZ 40B beautifully!  Shipped out fast too. 

Offline QuickDrawMcgraw

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2020, 11:14:08 AM »
I bought some also from Grips4u - I have not installed yet (one gun is currently at CGW)

Bought both sets that they have...very beautiful grips.

I also purchased the CZ Custom aluminum grips - they are a little thicker than stock and they do have some bite - but in a good way.  Very grippy.
16 CZs and counting

Offline Sams1

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2020, 11:31:32 AM »
Hi 'QDM',
I'm curious what you are having done to your 40B at Cajun?  I am considering some upgrades too...

Offline QuickDrawMcgraw

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2020, 11:51:09 AM »
Hi 'QDM',
I'm curious what you are having done to your 40B at Cajun?  I am considering some upgrades too...

So they just accepted it last week - hasn't hit the gunsmiths table yet. So nothing is set in stone yet.

This will be my first full CGW job (had a P10C slide hard chromed and milled from them) so I figured I'd go all out - and I have 2 x 40Bs so I figured I'd have some fun with this one.

My front sight came off and when I tried to fit a new one I just ended up messing the sight up and took a chip out of the finish.

So-

-front sight - Red Fiber Optic
-Rear sight - mill slide to accept the LPA-TRT rear sight
-Copperhead package
-Refinish slide and all controls in DLC black
-In-shop CZ 75 Series Pro-Package race hammer and old style trigger both dlc black
-I did request to see if they could create CGW grips for the 40B and make them a color to compliment the Copperhead package or gator green...But still haven't talked to them and I know that 40B grips are not a high priority for companies.
I'm sure I will get a call in the coming week or so once it hits the gunsmith's table and some of the above could change

16 CZs and counting

Offline Sams1

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2020, 01:44:13 PM »

These are some serious upgrades. Do you have an anticipated trigger pull weights with this job?  Regardless, all these upgrades should make yours a 'Super-40B' !!
Would love to hear of any updates along way...   :)

Offline QuickDrawMcgraw

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2020, 02:53:46 PM »

These are some serious upgrades. Do you have an anticipated trigger pull weights with this job?  Regardless, all these upgrades should make yours a 'Super-40B' !!
Would love to hear of any updates along way...   :)

ya serious $$ - Since it was my first full up with CGW I might as well go all out LOL - just in case it is only gun I ever send to them for a full job.  I recently installed a pro package myself (first time) into a PCR and followed multiple websites in here...I did a good job, but man it took me a long time (so I'll gladly pay the professionals) and I also didn't go overboard with the polishing..I figure I'll shoot in some 'polished' areas....some of the best shooting CZs I have are highly used guns I bought with untold round count..prob still running on 20-35 year old springs but they feel so good and go bang every time I haven't changed anything on them yet.

No, I don't have trigger pull weight expectation....this will be purely a range toy -  it honestly is a good shooting gun at the moment..doesn't 'need' anything except a front sight.
16 CZs and counting

Offline Sams1

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2020, 03:37:53 PM »

Yes - I did the Pro-package for both my SP01 and CZ 97 - the results were incredible!! 

So the pro-pack for the standard 75B will work on the 40B as well?

I'm going to start on a polish job first and see how far I get with the improvement...    :D