Author Topic: CZ 40B question  (Read 5446 times)

Offline EricR

CZ 40B question
« on: July 19, 2020, 10:23:26 AM »
Hey all..
    Have a question for you. I have a CZ 40B in very good condition made in 2001. Original box...paperwork etc... even has a Colt Z40 pamphlet in the box (kinda cool) Anybody know what these are going for now? Ballpark?..  Thanks for any info

Eric

Offline nonamehavei

Re: CZ 40B question
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2020, 11:18:10 AM »
Location means a lot as far as resale value for “collectible” CZs. I can tell you I have seen one on a local Carolina forum that has sat @ $750 asking price for almost half a year and it is unfired with the box and even has the plastic the pistol shipped in.  I personally wouldn’t mind having one just cause they are interesting, but wouldn’t pay more than $500 for one. 
Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.
    Douglas Adams

Offline QuickDrawMcgraw

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2020, 12:24:45 PM »
I have 2 X CZ 40Bs

Both I paid under 500 for in the last year.

Having all the information/box helps a lot and like  nonamehavei said it all depends on where you sell it.

Also you will need someone to want/know what the CZ 40B is to either pay up for it or at least whatever price you sell it for.

Both of mine where bought from smaller gun stores that really didn't know the story behind them and at the time (pre-corona panic) no one was buying 40S&W - so I got really good deals on both.

There is usually 1-2 CZ 40Bs on Gunbroker from time to time - I watch those and the actual Colt Z40s almost daily.

Is yours a flat slab slide or does it look like it has an indention in it? The indention was actual Colt Z40 rollmarked slides that they ground off and then rollmarked CZ 40B (or so rumor goes)- Both of mine are flat side so No pre Colt rolled and ground off.

But I have seen CZ 40B and 40P with the 'ground off and restamped slides'

I might pay more for one of those - just for the story. (if it is true :P)

Currently the CZ40B and 40P on gunbroker have this on the slides...
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/873846785
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/873980154

16 CZs and counting

Offline EricR

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2020, 04:03:09 PM »
QuickDraw....not exactly sure what you are referring to when it comes to the slide....and I cant seem to attach a pic so you can look at it.

Offline QuickDrawMcgraw

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2020, 04:32:09 PM »
QuickDraw....not exactly sure what you are referring to when it comes to the slide....and I cant seem to attach a pic so you can look at it.

1st picture is of MY CZ 40B and Rami P 40 - Notice my 40B is smooth on the slide where the Rollmark is

Following 2 pictures are from Gunbroker ads of a 40B and 40P notice the red arrows point to a start/finish point where the slide is ground down some
From what I've read - they could of been Colt Rollmarked sildes - the whole colt/cz project fell through and they needed to be ground down and roll marked with CZ - BUT again - just internet rumors I've read here and there - I have no proof.
Again - it really doesn't add or take away from the value really - but someone might want because it has or doesnt have...

16 CZs and counting

Offline AZ_CZ

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2020, 11:20:50 PM »
Cool story bro....

Had to get up and look at my 40P. The slide is stamped 05 and has the relief cut for the roll stamp. Thanks for the info!
CZ Fanbot since 1996

Offline EricR

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2020, 06:10:55 PM »
oh ok...gotcha! just looked at mine again. It's just like the top photo...smooth side. Learn something new everyday! Thanks!

Offline eastman

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2020, 08:32:06 PM »
I believe the comment about milling off the "Colt Z40" and re-marking as a "CZ 40" is in the Forgotten Weapons video on the Colt Z40 / CZ40 pistols. If the story is told by Ian (aka Gun Jesus), then I believe it.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline QuickDrawMcgraw

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2020, 08:36:30 PM »
If the story is told by Ian (aka Gun Jesus), then I believe it.
16 CZs and counting

Offline Tok36

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2020, 10:08:50 PM »
Good info QuickDrawMcgraw. Nice RAMI P as well, i do not see those often these days.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline tdogg

• Two Alpha!
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2020, 11:54:37 PM »
Cool story bro....

Had to get up and look at my 40P. The slide is stamped 05 and has the relief cut for the roll stamp. Thanks for the info!

Same here, I just looked at my 05 and it has the relief cut.  Learned something new, thanks!

Cheers,
Toby
This forum rocks!