Author Topic: IWI Masada - Review and Range Test  (Read 308 times)

Offline Hrfunk

IWI Masada - Review and Range Test
« on: August 01, 2020, 03:48:23 PM »
Hi all! Here's my take on a pistol you don't hear much about. I hope you enjoy it!

Howard

Offline Linejudgemick

Re: IWI Masada - Review and Range Test
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2020, 06:06:53 PM »
Nice review! I considered one of these when I decided to try a pistol optic. I chose instead to get a Performance Center C.O.R.E. slide and barrel for my M&P40 full size. I already had an OEM barrel and 9mm magazine and this made switching from 40 S&W to 9mm simple. I liked that the C.O.R.E. slide came with suppressor height sights and metal plates. It made co-witnessing the Holosun optic I bought a breeze and was a platform I was already familiar with. The Masada still looks to be a nice addition to your collection and may still find its way into mine at some point in the future - we'll see. Thanks for posting.
CZ 75 P-01 Omega & P-07

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2020, 07:10:21 PM »
Another great review Howard
Not a huge fan of Poly / Striker Pistols myself .... but still; very nice
Can see why they call them; the "Glock Killers"

CZ offered a "Massada" (note the two S's) a while back
It was a Semi Compact model
A Compact Upper, with a 3.75" (as opposed to your 4.1") Barrel, on a full sized Lower
And of course; no Optics Mounts !
So tell me again how Trump will be worse then the 8 years before HIM !

Offline Hrfunk

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2020, 05:27:59 AM »
Nice review! I considered one of these when I decided to try a pistol optic. I chose instead to get a Performance Center C.O.R.E. slide and barrel for my M&P40 full size. I already had an OEM barrel and 9mm magazine and this made switching from 40 S&W to 9mm simple. I liked that the C.O.R.E. slide came with suppressor height sights and metal plates. It made co-witnessing the Holosun optic I bought a breeze and was a platform I was already familiar with. The Masada still looks to be a nice addition to your collection and may still find its way into mine at some point in the future - we'll see. Thanks for posting.

A .40 C.O.R.E. was my first optics-ready platform. I still like it, but I wanted a 9mm this time around and I didn’t feet like paying $700+ for another S&W. That’s why I was considering the lower priced O/R pistols. I think I ended up with a pretty good one.

Howard

Offline Linejudgemick

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2020, 11:53:34 AM »
A .40 C.O.R.E. was my first optics-ready platform. I still like it, but I wanted a 9mm this time around and I didn’t feet like paying $700+ for another S&W. That’s why I was considering the lower priced O/R pistols. I think I ended up with a pretty good one.

Howard

My C.O.R.E is a 9mm ported slide kit only. Now I can interchange it with my original .40 slide in a jiffy and it's been 100% reliable. I gave much less than suggested retail - somewhere around $275. All that said, I do believe you'll like the IWI and besides, having another platform you like is never a bad thing.
CZ 75 P-01 Omega & P-07